Work 1000 hours....

NC man

I heard today that Fed will no longer pay you for vacation earned ,once you work 1000 hours, and retire.
So if you worked 1000 hours starting June 1 and say hit the 1000 in Nov you could retire and get paid for the vacation time you accrued . Lot of people did this when retiring and retired in Oct Nov etc to get the five weeks vacation pay for the following yr. little added bonus otw out the door.

Anyone know if Fed said no more? Would not surprise me as Imwas gonna do that this fall. May rethink staying around longer if true.

It will be fine

I heard today that Fed will no longer pay you for vacation earned ,once you work 1000 hours, and retire.
So if you worked 1000 hours starting June 1 and say hit the 1000 in Nov you could retire and get paid for the vacation time you accrued . Lot of people did this when retiring and retired in Oct Nov etc to get the five weeks vacation pay for the following yr. little added bonus otw out the door.

Anyone know if Fed said no more? Would not surprise me as Imwas gonna do that this fall. May rethink staying around longer if true.
If it’s time accrued you have to be paid for it. I don’t know how express has it set up but in my state at least if you say it’s accrued time off it’s owed to the employee at termination.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If it’s time accrued you have to be paid for it. I don’t know how express has it set up but in my state at least if you say it’s accrued time off it’s owed to the employee at termination.
Maybe if they change the way you accrue it? Like if they say you earn a week’s vacation after working 2.5 months.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

It wouldn’t surprise me, but I’d have to see it in writing before worrying about it.

It will be fine

Maybe if they change the way you accrue it? Like if they say you earn a week’s vacation after working 2.5 months.
Maybe but I doubt that’s standard. Typically accrual goes by pay period in any payroll software I’ve used. It makes sense to have some type of waiting period to start accruing paid time off but after that it’s compensation owed.

MAKAVELI

Maybe but I doubt that’s standard. Typically accrual goes by pay period in any payroll software I’ve used. It makes sense to have some type of waiting period to start accruing paid time off but after that it’s compensation owed.
I believe we accrue for the prior fiscal year. So in essence it's compensation already earned and they have to pay any unused portion upon leaving the company.

It will be fine

I believe we accrue for the prior fiscal year. So in essence it's compensation already earned and they have to pay any unused portion upon leaving the company.
So what you use this year is what you accrued last year? So if you leave in December wouldn’t you have another 6 months of accrued time for that fiscal year on top what was accrued the year prior? Assuming you used nothing.

MAKAVELI

So what you use this year is what you accrued last year? So if you leave in December wouldn’t you have another 6 months of accrued time for that fiscal year on top what was accrued the year prior? Assuming you used nothing.
Don't know about retirement, but if you quit or fired you are payed for what time you have left on the books, not for next fiscal year.

NC man

For example we go June to June so in March we bid for our vacation weeks for the coming fiscal yr. these hours for vacation are earned so once you work 1000 hours you have full,y earned your vacation for the next time fame I.e. June to June.
Let’s say I retired next week I would get paid my five weeks vacation time that I earned for next fiscal yr. this is how it has been but now hearing different.

vantexan

For example we go June to June so in March we bid for our vacation weeks for the coming fiscal yr. these hours for vacation are earned so once you work 1000 hours you have full,y earned your vacation for the next time fame I.e. June to June.
Let’s say I retired next week I would get paid my five weeks vacation time that I earned for next fiscal yr. this is how it has been but now hearing different.
You would get paid for any vacation time you haven't used in this fiscal year plus what you've accrued towards the next fiscal year. You wouldn't get a full five weeks toward the next fiscal year until you've worked this entire fiscal year ending May 31st. One way to maximize how much you could get is to not take any more vacation than the required two weeks. Work almost the entire fiscal year before retiring. If you get 5 weeks then you'd walk out with about 8 weeks plus paid floating holidays. Of course that goes out the window if they actually do what you posted. But sounds like another rumor that floats around.

throwaway10

you need to work one day into the next fiscal year, then you can get 100% of your vacation due

NC man

A guy retired couple yrs ago in late Oct,got paid for next yrs vacation since he had 1000 hrs .next fiscal yr.Will clarify next week.

bacha29

Keep in mind who you work for, what it has become and the fact that the compensation specifications are contained in a book that are in no way shape or form binding upon Fat Freddy. Don't believe me? Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make them binding ? Those terms can be amended or suspended anytime anywhere because there's nobody to stop them from doing it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Keep in mind who you work for, what it has become and the fact that the compensation specifications are contained in a book that are in no way shape or form binding upon Fat Freddy. Don't believe me? Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make them binding ? Those terms can be amended or suspended anytime anywhere because there's nobody to stop them from doing it.
OMG! Nobody cares! We've heard this a million times. You know nothing about Express.

NC man

You are correct, I’m just wondering if they did away with it. They definitely can and I never said they could not.

bacha29

OMG! Nobody cares! We've heard this a million times. You know nothing about Express.
Of course nobody cares until you're a person on the wrong end of a unforeseen amendment or suspension or elimination of compensations and covenants that the long term Express employee had counted on and served as the basis for their decision to dedicate their peak earning years to.