Work Boots

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I replied to the Gloves for Loaders thread and mentioned the Thorogood boots. I swear by these boots. Very comfortable, made in the USA and by union workers. They're not cheap, but they're worth every penny. I used to always buy $50 Wal-Mart booties, and just replaced them every six months. But those boots were Chinese crap, and were never very comfortable. And besides, who wants to make Wal-Mart any fatter?

Anyway, I found this website: WORK BOOTS | UNION MADE IN WISCONSIN that sells all of the Thorogood boots. The cool thing about this web site is that if you enter your union info, they'll send you a code to give you 27% off the listed price. I don't no anyone at the website--I bought my Thorogoods at Sportsman's Guide--but anyone interested in these boots can get a really good deal on American (Wisconsin) made boots. BTW, other really good American-made boot brands are Carolina, Justin, Wolverine, Chippewa and Double H. You can buy cheap boots, but you will get what you pay for.

Love these boots...

Dracula

Jeez, I didn't realize that picture was gonna be near-life size...You can practically smell my feet.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Redwings are US & Union made too, as least the work boots are. The stores here offer free cleaning & polishing once a month.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Yes, they have some Chinese made lines but it's pretty clear which ones are US and which aren't, even if you just went by price. It's all the biker boots & hiking boots that are Chinese. Sucks but seems like they are trying to walk a fine line between keeping as much US product as possible while not getting steamrolled by cheap Chinese shoes. Our stores have a decent line of Carhartt clothing too so I try to buy that there instead of Cabella's or similar.

working up a sweat

I wear a pair of Brahma steel toe boots. Comfortable, affordable and safe. 35 bucks at Wal- Mart. Boots last 12 months working on the inside of an air hub. I work in an air hub loading and dragging air cans on the sand paper non slip floors with ball deck rollers every 12 inches. Bottoms wear out fast, like car tires.

BrownArmy

I wear Carolina's and love them!

Union made in the US, and they come in multiple widths (I wear 13 4E, very hard to find...).

working up a sweat

I wear the steel toes. 2 years ago, I lifted a box that broke on the bottom. A planer razor sharp blade fell fell out and bounced off my steel toes. Take that in advicement.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My last pair was thorogood I went back to my redwings this time though. One particular style fits me great so I always get them on my 4th pair now. The thorogood took me forever to break in was the biggest problem. That said I still have them and use them as my work boots on the farm and such.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Danner is another American-made brand of quality boots. They are made right here in Oregon, and since I live about 40 min. south of Portland I can go to the factory outlet store and save big bucks on factory "seconds" that are sold at a huge discount due to minor cosmetic blemishes or scuffs on the leather.

Dracula

I wish I could take advantage of that. I need a good pair of waterproof boots for the upcoming winter's snows. A good pair of Wellingtons...Um hmm..

Dracula

Wellingtons are a style of boot. They are the pull-up types. For snow, a 10 inch boot is about right.

Dracula

Thorogood has a good Wellington. The non-waterproof boot looks better than the waterproof boot. That's my dilemma.

Dracula

I want that snow. It gives me an excuse to drive slow. Iowa is surprisingly hilly. No need to take chances. Safety first, bub.