Work Boots

U

uber

On your feet for 10 hour days. Go for comfort. Something that looks decent in shorts, not too heavy.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Have been wearing Red Wing 953's for 15 years. I resole them once or twice a year depending on the wear. They last 5 to 7 years until I need to replace them. 8 inch boot that I wear with shorts. Have 4 in my closet, 2 thin leather for spring, summer and fall. One insulated for winter and 1 light wieght hiking that is 100% waterproof. They are pricey but my feet never hurt.

A

anonymous6

i bought a pair of red wing logging boots in 1989 that are still going strong . i paid $129 for them.

not much need for them in the bahamas, though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have been wearing Red Wing 953's for 15 years. I resole them once or twice a year depending on the wear. They last 5 to 7 years until I need to replace them. 8 inch boot that I wear with shorts. Have 4 in my closet, 2 thin leather for spring, summer and fall. One insulated for winter and 1 light wieght hiking that is 100% waterproof. They are pricey but my feet never hurt.

4 pairs of boots? Really? Wouldn't wearing lighter or heavier socks be cheaper?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

4 pairs of boots? Really? Wouldn't wearing lighter or heavier socks be cheaper?
I have 6. Gotta rotate which pair I wear. Way better on my back & they last a lot longer that way too. I also have way more energy when I put on a fresh pair. A fresh pair of really good socks makes a huge difference too.
For work, I wear Carolina. Probably best boot I've found for me & I've tried them all. For a dress boot I have a pair of echo. Expensive but they will last me at least 10-12 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bought a new pair of Rocky's two years ago and they are still going strong. I wear a heavier sock on cooler days and add a second sock on cold ones. I wear New Balance 608's in the summer---I used to get two years out of those but now I am lucky to get one.

Indecisi0n

I bought a new pair of Rocky's two years ago and they are still going strong. I wear a heavier sock on cooler days and add a second sock on cold ones. I wear New Balance 608's in the summer---I used to get two years out of those but now I am lucky to get one.

I can't see a boot/shoe really lasting past a year with the amount of foot work we do. Sure it might look ok but after a year the support is gone.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I can't see a boot/shoe really lasting past a year with the amount of foot work we do. Sure it might look ok but after a year the support is gone.
See, that's why Zappos should be coming to your house every couple of months. I have about 15 different pairs of boots.

​I love shoes. :bigsmile2:

S

serenity now

shoe-closet.jpg
shoe-closet.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
See, that's why Zappos should be coming to your house every couple of months. I have about 15 different pairs of boots.

​I love shoes. :bigsmile2:
My wife must have 200 pairs of shoes.
She can have all she wants, they definitely complete the "ensemble".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will give my ex credit---she was never a shoe freak. She had her nursing shoes, running shoes, dress shoes, boots and a couple of pair of sandals. We were able to fit all of our shoes in to the same closet.