work cancelled

kmjs14

Yes--if you were notified prior to your start time that you were not to report than you either had to use one of your days and or it was a dead day.

The hub management itself did not notify employees. I found out by proactively contacting my supervisor, but others just didn't show up and heard nothing from management.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The hub management itself did not notify employees. I found out by proactively contacting my supervisor, but others just didn't show up and heard nothing from management.

Was there a state of emergency at the time?

If operations were suspended you will not be paid for the day unless you have days left to use.

outta hours

If you showed up you might have a case about being paid. If you didn't show up for whatever reason, why would you even expect to be paid?

kmjs14

Was there a state of emergency at the time?

If operations were suspended you will not be paid for the day unless you have days left to use.

Thanks. I heard different stories about whether we get paid or not with a forced closure. So I guess I would have to request a sick day or option day in order to get paid.

kmjs14

If you showed up you might have a case about being paid. If you didn't show up for whatever reason, why would you even expect to be paid?

It was a state of emergency so vehicles were prohibited from being on the road unless they were emergency vehicles. I just wanted to know what the company protocol was for this situation. Whether or not we got paid with a forced closure. I am not looking for labor-free pay, just looking for the correct information.

Nimnim

The Nim
The hurricane season before I started UPS they closed for a few days, UPS didn't pay people but I heard there was some sort of option to get lost wages covered with FEMA.