Work car MPG hacks "On Topic"

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
There's got to be more people that drive 3 to 500 miles per week in their personal vehicle and enjoy trying to get every mpg they can out of their rig. What do you drive and whats your mpg? Have you done anything that actually improved it?

Last edited by a moderator:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i raise SPC to cut routes and reduce miles driven overall, thus saving gas

tenor.gif

jaker

trolling
In my personal car still not my problem , I put gas in and drive to work my main concern about saving gas is just keep myself from gunning it

Unless you are doing major changes to your car or your driving habits you are not going to save enough gas to keep doing it

oldngray

nowhere special
I drove a little turd for a while that got about 40 mpg. Eventually I felt sorry for the hamsters in the engine and zero acceleration and no highway speed and got a good American gas guzzler.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
In my personal car still not my problem , I put gas in and drive to work my main concern about saving gas is just keep myself from gunning it

Unless you are doing major changes to your car or your driving habits you are not going to save enough gas to keep doing it

I disagree especially when i am running 26,000 miles a year just traveling to work and back. With such a low pay rate gaining mpg is just one extra way to stretch the dollar.
Although you are right my driving habits have drastically changed. Lol

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
As far as changes I put high quality plugs in the engine, removed all my tools spare tire jack and smog components. " ive got AAA anyhow" I also removed the air breather and made a diy cold air intake. Im now experimenting with a pure acetone additive to boost octane. Got a obd2 plug piece in my amazon cart so i can see what kind of mpg im getting.