Work Comp claims.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but, aren't we supposed to be paid weekly on W/C? I have a call into my steward and my BA. I called my adj Fri and like every other time I have called him, he refuses to return my call. Monday I will be calling and giving him an ultimatum. He either answers my questions post haste or he will be talking to my lawyer and the Industrial Commission.

Johney

Tooner is correct, you are paid every two weeks. Usually the check shows on the same day every second week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have only been on comp once. I was out for two weeks and then had two weeks of light duty--I drove while a helper delivered. I received one comp check for $880 which was paid while I was on light duty.

Johney

I have only been on comp once. I was out for two weeks and then had two weeks of light duty--I drove while a helper delivered. I received one comp check for $880 which was paid while I was on light duty.
Comp is different in most areas. Here you have to be out at least two weeks to which you will receive one week of comp($803 max here) then if you are out longer than three weeks you will get back the first week.

So it seems upstate you all get $880 per week for comp? A tad bit more than us in the south:dissapointed:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Comp is different in most areas. Here you have to be out at least two weeks to which you will receive one week of comp($803 max here) then if you are out longer than three weeks you will get back the first week.

We get $400/week. I was out for two weeks and two days, hence the $880.

I like the word "hence".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Captian Brown actually got hurt on the job.

Bilateral ulnar nerve release surgery due to repetitive motion injury.

Basically they cut open both elbows, repositioned the ulnar nerve, sewed me back up, had me rest for two weeks and then two weeks of light duty. They wanted to do one elbow at a time with the same rehab plan which would have meant two months of down time but I told them to do both at the same time.

I can see now why people say comp doesn't pay the bills--thank goodness I have supplemental health insurance (Combined) which sent me a check for $1K.

Returntosender

Basically they cut open both elbows, repositioned the ulnar nerve, sewed me back up, had me rest for two weeks and then two weeks of light duty. They wanted to do one elbow at a time with the same rehab plan which would have meant two months of down time but I told them to do both at the same time.

I can see now why people say comp doesn't pay the bills--thank goodness I have supplemental health insurance (Combined) which sent me a check for $1K.
Why are'nt you mangement? You seem to have an answer for everything.

Johney

Great call on the supplemental insurance, I try and talk all the young guys into getting it and they all laugh at me. Comp can pay the bills if you are not living beyond your means(sup. helps) I have always made sure I can live off comp or disability if needed.Obviously not as well but I can pay my bills. Again something I try and teach the younglings but they don't listen and when out, there is always someone passing around a hat for contributions.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This makes no sense to me at all. :grrr:We get paid every week, why the hell would we not get paid every week on W/C? Fricking stupid.

Johney

This makes no sense to me at all. :grrr:We get paid every week, why the hell would we not get paid every week on W/C? Fricking stupid.
I agree, but since it's tax free why worry just adjust your bill paying differently. Are you out on comp dilli?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but, aren't we supposed to be paid weekly on W/C? I have a call into my steward and my BA. I called my adj Fri and like every other time I have called him, he refuses to return my call. Monday I will be calling and giving him an ultimatum. He either answers my questions post haste or he will be talking to my lawyer and the Industrial Commission.

The union president here would , unless your local contractual agreement differs, suggest you hire or use the power of attorney. Liberty Mutual is extremely shady. They've introduced documents for me to sign that waivered any rights to an injury being "on the job" and this WAS FROM THE "DR"

They are directly in touch with your safety and management team and on-the-phone during your doctors visits.

Be careful, and if you would like advice I can offer privately...in depth stuff..

Last edited:

packageguy

Something is not right, if you are light duty, you are collecting a pay check, with you are on comp you collecting a check. how did you do both. You were double dipping....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Something is not right, if you are light duty, you are collecting a pay check, with you are on comp you collecting a check. how did you do both. You were double dipping....

I was paid comp for the first two weeks that I was sitting at home and was paid by UPS for the third and fourth weeks, which were light duty. I was not double dipping.