Work Comp claims.

menotyou

bella amicizia
He has way too much insurance. I am covered 24/7 through Combined for sickness/accident/disability for $100/month. I also have Long Term Care insurance ($38/month) and a $500K term life policy ($49/month).

I would also bank the $400 and take my chances. It's not like I'm a runner/gunner.:wink2:
I will be purchasing those policies when/if I get back to work.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
He has way too much insurance. I am covered 24/7 through Combined for sickness/accident/disability for $100/month. I also have Long Term Care insurance ($38/month) and a $500K term life policy ($49/month).

I would also bank the $400 and take my chances. It's not like I'm a runner/gunner.:wink2:

Those prices I would pay. Im surprised gunners exist in non bonus centers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Physical---normally no but unsure if applicant has preexisting conditions.

Pre-existing---good question--I don't think they can charge more but they could deny coverage.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know I can pass a physical. Getting around pre-existing is another thing. They don't ask about pre-existing when getting disability on a loan. :bigsmile2:

Johney

I believe Florida is one of the worst states to get injured in.
$803 max a week in Florida. They go back 13 weeks from the time of injury to calculate your rate of pay. 66% Of your gross pay but not to exceed $803. The laws have defiantly changed,they don't benefit the employee and really screw attorneys taking comp cases. There is a max I believe in what they can charge for fees.

menotyou

bella amicizia
$803 max a week in Florida. They go back 13 weeks from the time of injury to calculate your rate of pay. 66% Of your gross pay but not to exceed $803. The laws have defiantly changed,they don't benefit the employee and really screw attorneys taking comp cases. There is a max I believe in what they can charge for fees.
Don't you get just two years worth of coverage? There is a state out there that only covers for 2 years, no matter what the injury. Then, you are left to your own devices.

Johney

I will be purchasing those policies when/if I get back to work.
Good luck Me,the premiums will most likely cost you a pretty penny seeing you've already filed comp claims. You may even be denied coverage I have seen it happen. It's like trying to buy flood insurance after your house is underwater.

Comp payments are not reduced/offset by supplemental health insurance payments.
Very true I know a couple of drivers who make more money on comp than working a full week due to supplement insurance.

Johney

Don't you get just two years worth of coverage? There is a state out there that only covers for 2 years, no matter what the injury. Then, you are left to your own devices.
Yes that is correct 2 years max. UPS pays your insurance for 1 year max. It seems that most guys/gals settle their case before the two year period ends. It seems if you're not back by a year you most likely can't come back full duty so they settle.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Good luck Me,the premiums will most likely cost you a pretty penny seeing you've already filed comp claims. You may even be denied coverage I have seen it happen. It's like trying to buy flood insurance after your house is underwater.

Very true I know a couple of drivers who make more money on comp than working a full week due to supplement insurance.
Even if I can't, any future loans will have the coverage. I will be building a house when I get back to work. I have it on one now, but I got the loan right after I went on comp. I don't think it would be right for me to take advantage of that fact.

I will be getting any coverage I can get, without breaking the bank. ;)

menotyou

bella amicizia

Even if I can't, any future loans will have the coverage. I will be building a house when I get back to work. I have it on one now, but I got the loan right after I went on comp. I don't think it would be right for me to take advantage of that fact.

I will be getting any coverage I can get, without breaking the bank. ;)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sorry to hear that dilli, I hope it's not too serious and you recover well.
I don't know yet. My dummass adjuster won't even authorize an MRI. I have to do PT first. I've done 2 of the 4 weeks of PT and have a doctors appt on Tues. I will get a hold of Ind. Comm. on Mon and see what they have to say. My orthopedist is great. I told him I would request a hearing with IC but he said, "no, we'll play their game for a week or two and then I'll send them a nasty letter." Ok doc.

The union president here would , unless your local contractual agreement differs, suggest you hire or use the power of attorney. Liberty Mutual is extremely shady. They've introduced documents for me to sign that waivered any rights to an injury being "on the job" and this WAS FROM THE "DR"

They are directly in touch with your safety and management team and on-the-phone during your doctors visits.

Be careful, and if you would like advice I can offer privately...in depth stuff..

Thanks Sleeve, I will keep this in mind..............................

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yes that is correct 2 years max. UPS pays your insurance for 1 year max. It seems that most guys/gals settle their case before the two year period ends. It seems if you're not back by a year you most likely can't come back full duty so they settle.
I am the thorn in Liberty's side. Been temporary since 12-14-07. hehehehehehe they have tried several times to get me to settle by throwing around nice 6 figure checks. ,,!,, I say!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
A resounding theme I see in this thread is the difficulties some of you have had when dealing with comp in general and specifically with LM. I think part of that is the level of fraud within the comp system. My morning paper reported two local people arrested for comp fraud. I have a friend who is a comp fraud investigator and he tells me he has never been busier. He works on a commission basis and the past few years have been his best ever.

We should not have to jump through so many hoops for a legitimate on-the-job injury.
I know comp fraud is high as is welfare fraud. Both are huge problems that desperately need to be addressed. You're right, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops. I get calls nearly every week from my DM wanting me back to work and it's their own insurance that is keeping me out longer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know comp fraud is high as is welfare fraud. Both are huge problems that desperately need to be addressed. You're right, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops. I get calls nearly every week from my DM wanting me back to work and it's their own insurance that is keeping me out longer.

Is there any way you could drive while a helper delivers?