Work Comp claims.

Johney

Yes, a shoulder MRI. I would think the same thing but my adjuster is an ass. My hubby was out on W/C and the same ortho doc requested an MRI and he had no problem getting it (LibMut also). Different adjuster. Some of this is going to come to a head on Mon. I've had it with this adj.
I too have heard of horror stories from other drivers about some adjusters and great stories from others. What a shame you may have got a bad one.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I too have heard of horror stories from other drivers about some adjusters and great stories from others. What a shame you may have got a bad one.
May have...............................? I think it's pretty much assured that I ended up with a ****ty one. To give you an example, his voice mail recording, "This is 'dummass'. As of Mar ##, I will be (doing something different). All of my cases are now being handled by (________). YADA YADA YADA"

That's pretty pathetic that he can't even update his voice mail from 7 or 8 months ago.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My current one, Gosh-I don't want to jinx it, is fantastic. I mean, I know he has a job to do, but I can call him and get immediate approvals for most things. :bigsmile2:

But, they aren't all like him. It does help that I have had him a while. Plus, he works in the same office as my first one. She was great, too. But, I lost her when I went back to work the first time. She saw how hard I was working and told me so. AG has done the same. He is very impressed with all the work I have done and told me so.

I am sure Dilli will show them she means business, as well. She's a trooper. She just needs that damned surgery like yesterday!!!!!!! She could be back to work for peak, if they would get off their :censored2:.

menotyou

bella amicizia
May have...............................? I think it's pretty much assured that I ended up with a ****ty one. To give you an example, his voice mail recording, "This is 'dummass'. As of Mar ##, I will be (doing something different). All of my cases are now being handled by (________). YADA YADA YADA"

That's pretty pathetic that he can't even update his voice mail from 7 or 8 months ago.
Wow. AG and Kacey both updated every day, unless they were on vaca or something. That is horrible. Have you had a chance to speak with the H&S manager in your area?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wow. AG and Kacey both updated every day, unless they were on vaca or something. That is horrible. Have you had a chance to speak with the H&S manager in your area?
NO! Not one call from them nor have I called them. Not even sure that it would do any good.

menotyou

bella amicizia
NO! Not one call from them nor have I called them. Not even sure that it would do any good.
That's too bad. I love TP. She is wonderful. Has been very helpful. If Liberty gives me any guff, I call her. Actually, I had a small issue of getting my latest approval faxed to Cani. It was approved, they just didn't have it in writing. I called AP/LM guy twice, and didn't want to keep nagging him. My center manager happened to call and I told him what was going on. He called TP/H&S manager and 20 minutes later, Cani was calling with the approval in hand. Cani, actually, asked how long I can be out and still go back. I told them UPS is expecting me to go for Work Hardening. They were going to have me start carrying a box around to try and hurry me out the door, until they heard that. I has since been discussed between Cani and Liberty and they are ready to approve once I get the script form my dr in Oct. :bigsmile2:

It might help, but it's probably too early, yet. I do wish you the best of luck. this crap does suck the biggest wazoo of all!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm sorry, I just didn't want to give you a sense of no hope.....but you're right you got a tough one. PM on the way!
LOL I have hope. I also have a voice and I will be heard. If it is not by 'dummass' then I will be heard by his supervisor. :happy-very:

UPS Lifer

The administration of Workman's Comp is regulated by the laws of your state. Here we get 60% of your average weekly pay for the 52 weeks prior to your injury (for me that would be close to $900/week). We also get paid weekly. Every state is different. Get a lawyer - I did. That's why my picture is posted on the wall of every Slippery Mutual office in the state!

Dill

Big Babooba is correct. Worker's Comp is administered by the state. Arizona is 66 2/3 % of your monthly income and is paid every two weeks after the 8 day waiting period. There is a monthly cap on pay - check the schedule that is in the brochure.

Good Luck - I hope you feel better soon.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill

Big Babooba is correct. Worker's Comp is administered by the state. Arizona is 66 2/3 % of your monthly income and is paid every two weeks after the 8 day waiting period. There is a monthly cap on pay - check the schedule that is in the brochure.

Good Luck - I hope you feel better soon.
Oooh goody! LOL It's not so much the pay being every 2 weeks. I can deal with that. It's all the other crap.

Johney

OK, now I have another question. How does modified work affect me? I can do light duty but DM won't give it to me.
If you are able to do light duty you must,but if they don't offer you light duty then you are a lost time and should collect what you have coming to you. Don't be surprised when your Dr. fills out your work status form that they find something for you to do. Your DM might just be pushing his weight around to try and make it hard on you financially. There is an article in the master that refers to TAW. They don't have to offer it by contract I believe but they usually do again to make it hard not financially but just when you go in. Remember they can't start you anytime sooner than 2 hours before your scheduled start time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are able to do light duty you must,but if they don't offer you light duty then you are a lost time and should collect what you have coming to you. Don't be surprised when your Dr. fills out your work status form that they find something for you to do. Your DM might just be pushing his weight around to try and make it hard on you financially. There is an article in the master that refers to TAW. They don't have to offer it by contract I believe but they usually do again to make it hard not financially but just when you go in. Remember they can't start you anytime sooner than 2 hours before your scheduled start time.

In regard to your last sentence---we have had drivers on light duty who have been called in to scan on the preload and the metro to get their hours. They offer light duty so as not to get hit with a lost time injury.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​It's been a month and a half and he still refuses to let me work.

Johney

In regard to your last sentence---we have had drivers on light duty who have been called in to scan on the preload and the metro to get their hours. They offer light duty so as not to get hit with a lost time injury.
Yes I understand. All I'm saying is by the contract the earliest they can start you(your choice)is 2 hours before your scheduled start time. Sure if they ask you to come in at 4a.m. and you don't mind go for it. Me, I like my sleep.:happy-very: