Work Comp claims.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Contractually, you are allowed 30 days TAW at a minimum. That is my understanding. I used 21 of those days before becoming a LTI. I have been told that since I am out I can't use those last few days. That came from the H&S Manager. I do believe her. But, it does depend on the management. File.

UPS Lifer

If you are able to do light duty you must,but if they don't offer you light duty then you are a lost time and should collect what you have coming to you. Don't be surprised when your Dr. fills out your work status form that they find something for you to do. Your DM might just be pushing his weight around to try and make it hard on you financially. There is an article in the master that refers to TAW. They don't have to offer it by contract I believe but they usually do again to make it hard not financially but just when you go in. Remember they can't start you anytime sooner than 2 hours before your scheduled start time.

LTIs all depend on Top Down HR policy. Corporate-->Region-->District. If you miss one day of work due to an injury, it is a LTI. 2 areas on that subject.... 1) To keep you from missing work and creating an LTI especially in a short time injury situation the company would give you TAW because it does affect the Liberty Mutual insurance rates 2) If the policy is to get you back to work ASAP, Mgmt might allow you work TAW. TAW is not something that the company benefits from unless you get back to work fast. There is a rate of cost that Liberty Mutual uses per day for injury categories and charges this rate to the operation where the injury occurred. Bottom line - It affects the UPS cost. If your prognosis is going to keep you out for awhile then the company will let Worker's Comp take it's course. Dill to be blunt, you have been off awhile so you are more than likely at top cost. Why would the company incur extra cost to give you TAW? Your operation is writing you off until you get back to work.

Contractually, you are allowed 30 days TAW at a minimum. That is my understanding. I used 21 of those days before becoming a LTI. I have been told that since I am out I can't use those last few days. That came from the H&S Manager. I do believe her. But, it does depend on the management. File.

What would you "file"? The company does not have to give you TAW. One of the reasons that this is like this is that each state has it's own laws that supersede the contract. The laws are designed to protect all parties involved. It sounds like the contract spells out what the company can do when they offer you TAW. Years ago, (and maybe now) some ********* mgmt would make employees work TAW at the most disagreeable hours and most boring jobs to get them back to work sooner.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I may be wrong, but isn't it in the contract about TAW. That would be the clause I would use as a last resort. (art 14 sect 2) But, again, as a last resort.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I broke an ankle and my coccyx, in the same fall( for the dummies out there) a coccyx is the bottom of your tailbone, and no , I still havent found it, floating round in there somewhere. My instructions were, no sitting, no standing, and no walking. For any extended period of time...and you want me to do what? See ya in a while. I left, got my pay, went back in three months after water therapy. Simple injuries, not like yours, but taw was not an option for me. Got paid, never heard a peep.

UPS Lifer

I may be wrong, but isn't it in the contract about TAW. That would be the clause I would use as a last resort. (art 14 sect 2) But, again, as a last resort.

You would have to look at the actual contract. I thought that language was meant to protect you IF you are assigned TAW.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LTIs all depend on Top Down HR policy. Corporate-->Region-->District. If you miss one day of work due to an injury, it is a LTI. 2 areas on that subject.... 1) To keep you from missing work and creating an LTI especially in a short time injury situation the company would give you TAW because it does affect the Liberty Mutual insurance rates 2) If the policy is to get you back to work ASAP, Mgmt might allow you work TAW. TAW is not something that the company benefits from unless you get back to work fast. There is a rate of cost that Liberty Mutual uses per day for injury categories and charges this rate to the operation where the injury occurred. Bottom line - It affects the UPS cost. If your prognosis is going to keep you out for awhile then the company will let Worker's Comp take it's course. Dill to be blunt, you have been off awhile so you are more than likely at top cost. Why would the company incur extra cost to give you TAW? Your operation is writing you off until you get back to work.

What would you "file"? The company does not have to give you TAW. One of the reasons that this is like this is that each state has it's own laws that supersede the contract. The laws are designed to protect all parties involved. It sounds like the contract spells out what the company can do when they offer you TAW. Years ago, (and maybe now) some ********* mgmt would make employees work TAW at the most disagreeable hours and most boring jobs to get them back to work sooner.

Like I told P - It makes no difference to me. I was willing to go back to work on light duty. He refused to let me. The only thing that hurt me in the long run was my lay offs that I had earlier this year. That affected my pay out with LibMut. It is what it is. The most important thing is protecting myself when it comes to LibMut and what they do. If my adjuster would pull his head out of his 'dummass' ...................... He doesn't seem to have any inclination or willingness to work with me. So, Monday I will be calling him and his supervisor and giving him an ultimatum. Either he gets on the same page or I will become the biggest pain in his 'dummass' or I will have a new adjuster. If I can get my H/S mgr involved in it then so much the better. I haven't even gotten a call from H/S.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
TAW is a great deterrent to getting hurt on the job. I would shoot myself if I had to hang out in the office all day. Tried it for one day and at noon I said see ya.

Johney

Actually, I just read the master language, and there is no time frame specified.
Yes I read that also, but I have been told by numerous management and union officials that 30 days is the max(they will do an extra week if needed). My understanding(not sure who told me)but it has something to do with if a job(any TAW)can last more than 30 days it should be a bid position. I could have been told wrong by all means, but it makes some sense. It may be some type of backdoor deal because you are in a different place than I am and you heard it also.

bellesmom

LOL I have hope. I also have a voice and I will be heard. If it is not by 'dummass' then I will be heard by his supervisor. :happy-very:

I don't know what State you are in but here the Adjustors have to be licensed. I filed a formal complaint with the State Board of Insurance on mine. I don't know if my complaint had anything to do with it but surely others had problems with him, he was not with LM a month later.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
MF! MF! MF! MF! MF! MF!!!!

I called 'dummass' supervisor this morning. Left a message on her voice mail. Told her that if I did not get a call back by the end of the day the next conversation they would be having would be with my lawyer. She called me back. I bitched til I was blue in the face. She said she would look into it. I just got a call back from 'dummass'. I'm ********* pissed. When I talked to him the first time he didn't bother to explain that I wouldn't be getting checks but once a month. He didn't bother explaining that there was a form that had to be filled out every month on my monthly earnings. Now I have to wait for him to mail me that form. I'm soooo ********** furious right now I could spit nails. I'm at my max benefits of 623/wk. You guys that don't live in AZ, be happy that your bene's are 200 more than mine. )(*^&^$%^$(*&_(&&(^$^#$@$Y^$^&%$*&_)(*

I hung up on him, telling him I needed to contact my lawyer.

friend! friend! friend! friend! friend! friend!
:madashell::grrr::madashell::grrr:

undies

I have not talked to my insurance adjuster since my injury claim started last year, I've let my lawyer's office handle it. I am tempted to call now seeing as how they started paying me for permanent disability when I've been back to regular duty for 9 weeks now.