Work comp TAW question

Brownguy88

I have a question about work comp and TAW. I was wondering if anyone knew if you already lost time due to a work injury if you could go back to work on TAW. Had an emergency surgery and was unable to work after immediately after. Thanks in advance.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I have a question about work comp and TAW. I was wondering if anyone knew if you already lost time due to a work injury if you could go back to work on TAW. Had an emergency surgery and was unable to work after immediately after. Thanks in advance.
I don’t think they HAVE to give you TAW, but it’s in the contract that you can request work hardening for 1 (or 2?) weeks before returning to duty. Which, I’m guessing would basically be TAW

542thruNthru

Once you go out on "lost time" the center already pays the price. 5k I believe. So there is no incentive to let you come back because it's the same amount whether you're out 1 day or 3 years.

Just focus on getting better and getting back into working shape.

Good luck brother..

542thruNthru

I don’t think they HAVE to give you TAW, but it’s in the contract that you can request work hardening for 1 (or 2?) weeks before returning to duty. Which, I’m guessing would basically be TAW
5 days (one week) but have to be out for at least 6 months and when possible give advance notice... Which mean definitely give advance notice.
Screenshot_20210622-213120_Adobe Acrobat.jpg