Work Horse throttle response correlation issue

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Any mechanics have the great luck of coming across this issue from one of the 6.0 GM Gasoline Work Horses in your fleet? Accompanying this code is an intermittent loss of power under acceleration which I was never able to replicate no matter how many times I drove this vehicle yet the driver constantly would write it up then we'd red tag it and try to diagnose/repair it. It seems we finally found the problem and its been running its route for the last few weeks without issue. Apparently the wiring under the dash was being affected by radio interference and all the wiring harnesses had to be wrapped in EMI tape and that solved the issue. I know there's more of these vehicles out there and was just wondering if anyone came across this issue also?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Any mechanics have the great luck of coming across this issue from one of the 6.0 GM Gasoline Work Horses in your fleet? Accompanying this code is an intermittent loss of power under acceleration which I was never able to replicate no matter how many times I drove this vehicle yet the driver constantly would write it up then we'd red tag it and try to diagnose/repair it. It seems we finally found the problem and its been running its route for the last few weeks without issue. Apparently the wiring under the dash was being affected by radio interference and all the wiring harnesses had to be wrapped in EMI tape and that solved the issue. I know there's more of these vehicles out there and was just wondering if anyone came across this issue also?
That's interesting. Was it basically delayed response upon starting from a stop?

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a Workhorse that would hesitate like that. I don't know what the mechanic did to fix it but it was a chronic problem I had to write up several times before it got fixed. Workhorses are total POS trucks.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Try lowering the dash lights brightness level. The sliding switch is to the left of the steering wheel.
Mechanics have been instructed to screw plates below the slider to prevent this. The problem arises leaving your lights on all day, it's apparently burns out the wiring harness for the front end lights. This is straight from a mechanic I asked to remove a plate off a fellow drivers vehicle.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
That's interesting. Was it basically delayed response upon starting from a stop?
Seems that the signal from the throttle position sensor on the throttle body and the signal from the accelerator pedal position sensor were not matching up when compared by the ecm only occasionally due to interference so under the right conditions the truck would bog down hard and throw this code which could be bad if you were in an intersection or some other situation where u needed to get moving asap.

Overpaid Union Thug

I drive one of the newer automatics that looks almost like a 1000 but is apparently an 800. All of those trucks in my center will of occasionally fail to go into gear after taking them out of park and the dash says "shift inhibit.". Everyone knows that if you throw it in drive, or into reverse from drive, too quickly while disengaging the parking brake and try to accelerate this will happen. Only it's happening for no apparent reason many times. It frequently happens when I slowly go throw the process of going from park to drive. Our mechanic thinks we are all just trying to come out of park to fast but that just isn't the case. I was hoping one of the mechanics in this forum might know what's up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I drive one of the newer automatics that looks almost like a 1000 but is apparently an 800. All of those trucks in my center will of occasionally fail to go into gear after taking them out of park and the dash says "shift inhibit.". Everyone knows that if you throw it in drive, or into reverse from drive, too quickly while disengaging the parking brake and try to accelerate this will happen. Only it's happening for no apparent reason many times. It frequently happens when I slowly go throw the process of going from park to drive. Our mechanic thinks we are all just trying to come out of park to fast but that just isn't the case. I was hoping one of the mechanics in this forum might know what's up.
You have to make sure the brake is fully engaged.
Shift inhibit sucks

upsmaninmi

Hold the brake down before you shift into drive. My truck is in the shop and I've had one of these POS for a couple weeks. I'd almost rather have an old no power steering POS. Almost.

upsmaninmi

To each his own I guess. I have a p1000 from the previous body style. Turn radius is great, has huge balls, overall much more comfortable in my opinion. Been driving it since it was new so I'm sure that has something to do with it.