Work shoe sale

Indecisi0n

So you guys are paying less than $25 per shoe? Doesn't that say something? I know money isn't always a quality factory but at that price you have to wonder.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So you guys are paying less than $25 per shoe? Doesn't that say something? I know money isn't always a quality factory but at that price you have to wonder.

I agree that you get what you pay for. The point being these shoes are comfortable, non-slip and meet the ups requirements and are reasonably priced (usually $50-60). They're even more comfortable if you replace the insoles with Dr Sholls gel insoles. That being said, right now they're half off with free shipping. I hate smelly old shoes so ever 3-4 months I buy a new cheap pair and they don't smell. Yes, the tread on the bottom will wear down and they're not made terribly well, but they're cheap, safe and comfortable.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Red Wing shoes are very popular here, with most guys paying ~$300 for a pair that lasts 6-9 months. I use to purchase a discount, store brand workboot for $30-$40 that lasted longer than the Red Wing pair and were tossed before reaching the point of leaving me with aching feet (unlike Red Wings). They discontinued the product, and I've bought Sketchers ever since. For the price:quality, it's among the best.... although in recent years quality seems to be deteriorating.

Indecisi0n

Red Wing shoes are very popular here, with most guys paying ~$300 for a pair that lasts 6-9 months. I use to purchase a discount, store brand workboot for $30-$40 that lasted longer than the Red Wing pair and were tossed before reaching the point of leaving me with aching feet (unlike Red Wings). They discontinued the product, and I've bought Sketchers ever since. For the price:quality, it's among the best.... although in recent years quality seems to be deteriorating.
If buying $300 boots every 9 months keeps my feet/knees feeling great than so be it. At the same time I can see this being an issue if cash is tight.

1374017087069-P-945434.jpeg
These are comfy

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
If buying $300 boots every 9 months keeps my feet/knees feeling great than so be it. At the same time I can see this being an issue if cash is tight.

No disagreement -- orthopedic shoes will cost more, plus you'll have to deal with pain.

But the point I was trying to make is that we pay for perceived quality; the $30 store brand work boots I bought were every bit as good as the $300 Sketchers. Likewise, these Sketchers may be of very good quality.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Skechers are comfortable but they fall apart so easily. Id rather pay 100 or more for something that is going to last alot longer. You get what you pay for that's for sure.