Work Shoes (not boots)

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm looking for a good pair of work shoes. Not boots but more along the lines of running shoes. Most of our drivers wear black New Balance shoes. I've tried them as well as the brown "trail hikers" that they make. They were all real comfortable but didn't last very long. I've had various brands of work boots that all lasted a long time but those aren't nearly as comfortable on the feet. Too bulky and heavy. Does anyone know of a shoe that has the comfort and build of a running shoe but the toughness of a work shoe?

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I'm looking for a good pair of work shoes. Not boots but more along the lines of running shoes. Most of our drivers wear black New Balance shoes. I've tried them as well as the brown "trail hikers" that they make. They were all real comfortable but didn't last very long. I've had various brands of work boots that all lasted a long time but those aren't nearly as comfortable on the feet. Too bulky and heavy. Does anyone know of a shoe that has the comfort and build of a running shoe but the toughness of a work shoe?
I have been wearing Rockport for the last 20 years (1st 2 years I wore cheap shoes and my feet suffered for it). I have tried different models and have settled on a waterproof shoe,low around the ankle.

over9five

Staff member
I've done the New Balance shoes for several years, but you're right - they don't last long!

I just ordered Skechers Energy After Burns. Used the UPS discount at Shoebuy.com. (10% off plus free UPS shipping).

Can't tell you anything about them, but I needed to try something different.

drewed

Shankman
i wear timberland pro work shoes, i beat the hell out of them running around.
also ive heard pretty good things about the oakley line up of shoes/boots
try zappos.com good prices free shipping both ways if you dont like em

atatbl

Nike Air Monarch

Oh, and your avatar just made me want to say "We CAN'T stop HERE! This is bat country!"

M

Midwest Package Jocky

Our center manager told us a few weeks ago the New Balance didn't meet the standards and we need to have proper footwear by 9-1. I bet 75% of drivers in our building wear New Balance shoes, they are so comfy.

WyoBrown

Ive been wearing Keen's Targhee shoe. Pretty stout shoe...really comfortable though. Also, I now always use Superfeet inserts which make any shoe more supportive and my feet happier.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I use ECCO Trackers, low & high rise. Expensive ( $200 @ ) , but the most comfortable shoes, Gore-Tex , and long lasting soles.
I have tried some cheaper Gore-Tex boots and my feet paid the price.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
i just got a pair of the Timberland Pro Titan Trekkers. They are great shoes. Very lightweight and comfortable. The protection you need from a boot without all the bulk and weight.

drewed

Shankman
i just got a pair of the Timberland Pro Titan Trekkers. They are great shoes. Very lightweight and comfortable. The protection you need from a boot without all the bulk and weight.
yea those are what i have treking througt snow and rain and the glycol they put down in the winter time no leaks no wet feet still in descent condition a yr plus later

S

speeddemon

I have worn New Balance, Nike, Rockport, Clark, and they ALL wear out on the bottom too quickly.

browndevil

Try putting on a good sock underneath your UPS socks. I wear Thorlos they run about 10-12$ a pair but they last and your feet will thank you

Overpaid Union Thug

Wow! Lots of suggestions. I'll have to do a search on all of them and see which ones I should buy. I'm hoping one of those suggestions will be as comfortable as the pair of New Balance I'm wearing now.

bellesotico

BOXstar
The NB I wear are walking shoes with oil resistant soles. I've had them over a year and the soles have really held up. Super lightweight and don't slip on ice either.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
i dont trust nb anymore. if any of you have seen the pictures from my profile on here ( i posted pictures of my on route double fracture injury to my left foot), i was wearing nb low tops at the time of the incident. i'm not saying they aren't good shoes (because they were comfortable)- but my feet need a bit more support than they can offer.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Try putting on a good sock underneath your UPS socks. I wear Thorlos they run about 10-12$ a pair but they last and your feet will thank you

you don't even need to wear them underneath your UPS socks. I've been thinking about just buying good comfrtale white socks and dying them brown. the socks I have now are Adidas socks and they are a gray-brown and no one has said anything to me. they are also low enough that they don't stick out and say "look at me!!", so noe one really sees them.