Work shoes

U

uber

These Nike Monarch's suck! I'm the type that will wear shorts all year round. Is there any all leather, cross trainer type shoe that we can get away with? Ideally light weight.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've had both good and bad luck with the Monarch's. Right now I am wearing a pair of New Balance cross trainers that I got at Gander Mountain. The only bad that I can think of is they are a bit slippery when they get wet.

I'm not sure what wearing shorts had to do with it. Even though we've been in the 30º range a bit over the last couple weeks. Cold makes me move faster which keep me warm.

U

uber

I've had both good and bad luck with the Monarch's. Right now I am wearing a pair of New Balance cross trainers that I got at Gander Mountain. The only bad that I can think of is they are a bit slippery when they get wet.

I'm not sure what wearing shorts had to do with it. Even though we've been in the 30º range a bit over the last couple weeks. Cold makes me move faster which keep me warm.

Can you give me a link of the New Balances you have?

Indecisi0n

I have a nice pair of timberlands. They are a hiking type boot and are great for walking. First pair lasted little over a year but the second pair is splitting right on the nose of the shoe after only 2 months.

jaker

trolling
I am so tired of work shoes , the moment I get a pair I like they stop making them

Finding a pair of work shoes has one heck of a learning curve to it , what might fit one or even hundreds won't work for you ( that's me ) I go trough work shoes like nobody business

I have tried damn near every brand ( up to 150 ) and had no luck with any of them , either I wear them out really fast or brake them down inside quickly , I bought a pair of those nikes they last a month

If I get 3 months out of a pair of shoes I am happy now

UPSER110

These Nike Monarch's suck! I'm the type that will wear shorts all year round. Is there any all leather, cross trainer type shoe that we can get away with? Ideally light weight.

I agree with you on the Monarch's Ive had a few pairs, they are comfortable but they start squeaking. (might send em back to nike they have a 2 year warranty) How about nike shox? I see alot of guys wearing those in the summer. Ive had a pair of timberland pros that are a year and half old I will replace soon. They are an oxford so I wear them in the summer too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
New Balance is the bomb.

Don't worry about a link, find them.

Not all NB are the bomb. They do have a few crappy shoes just like any other company.
And I personally will not buy the ones sold at Kohl's. The prices are good for a reason. I notice a lot of seconds there and minor defects.

The ones I got from Gander Mountain are the MX608. I prefer something with a more aggressive sole but these got me by in a pinch.

U

uber

I agree with you on the Monarch's Ive had a few pairs, they are comfortable but they start squeaking. (might send em back to nike they have a 2 year warranty) How about nike shox? I see alot of guys wearing those in the summer. Ive had a pair of timberland pros that are a year and half old I will replace soon. They are an oxford so I wear them in the summer too.

You found a pair of Shox that aren't mesh?

BrownArmy

Not all NB are the bomb. They do have a few crappy shoes just like any other company.
And I personally will not buy the ones sold at Kohl's. The prices are good for a reason. I notice a lot of seconds there and minor defects.

The ones I got from Gander Mountain are the MX608. I prefer something with a more aggressive sole but these got me by in a pinch.

Let me revise my NB review:

I personally think that NB shoes are the bomb because they're the only appropriate sneaker type footwear that I can buy in size 13EEEE.

As well, I live near the factory-outlet and can sometimes get a deal.

I'm currently rocking the MX608's as well, which aren't quite as good as the last version (which was better, but got retired).

I have troglodyte feet and I punish the hell out of all my footwear; I have two sets of Carolina boots for rainy weather and the winter months, and I re-sole them about every sixteen months.

For me, NB's last about six months, which is great, considering I can actually get a 'sneaker' that fits my square clod-hopper feet.

Plus, they do take a nice shine...

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Red Wings: Model 6551. Spend the extra money and get the top of the line insoles. Great support, lightweight, leather and very, very comfortable.

I buy 2 or 3 pairs at a time and alternate them.

Cementups

Box Monkey
BrownArmy: probably the best shoe I ever wore from NB for was the 801AB a few years back. Now the 801 is more of a clog. For some reason I don't think they will work. :laugh:

BrownArmy

BrownArmy: probably the best shoe I ever wore from NB for was the 801AB a few years back. Now the 801 is more of a clog. For some reason I don't think they will work. :laugh:

If you have normal-person feet, than your options are much larger than mine.

(I agree, the 801's were KING; if I'd known they were going to be retired, I would have bought nine pair).