MendozaJ

Forced six days. The union has failed us.

We still, as individuals, control the work.

Walk, don’t run. Hand trucks are for pushing, not pulling. If you need a strap to keep your packages in place, you are overloaded. Hell, you shouldn’t be using a strap to begin with. Utilize crosswalks and ramps.

File a grievance for that forced day.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It could be worse. You could be a part-time employee who will have to work until April to make what you will make this week...

I've heard of some part-time guys in our hub doing 90+ hours loading trailers this week. That would suck!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It could be worse. You could be a part-time employee who will have to work until April to make what you will make this week...

I've heard of some part-time guys in our hub doing 90+ hours loading trailers this week. That would suck!
That is voluntary hours. No part-timers are "forced", or did I miss something?

I think UPS is telling FT drivers - be safe and work 70! Follow methods, bring everything back you can't deliver. Take your DOT reset hours when applicable. We own you.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That is voluntary hours. No part-timers are "forced", or did I miss something?

I think UPS is telling FT drivers - be safe and work 70! Follow methods, bring everything back you can't deliver. Take your DOT reset hours when applicable. We own you.

True, but I'm sure many feel forced to work because the only way they can make a decent wage is the OT.

I think the main reason most of you package guys are pissed is because of the hours they force you to work all year long. If most of you were working a fair 45-48 hours a week this would be an inconvenience. Instead you're getting forced to work with no real light at the end of the tunnel.

My old UAW job was double time after 9 hours. The only way they will increase staffing is to change the pension contribution or change the OT pay, IMO.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Forced six days. The union has failed us.

We still, as individuals, control the work.

Walk, don’t run. Hand trucks are for pushing, not pulling. If you need a strap to keep your packages in place, you are overloaded. Hell, you shouldn’t be using a strap to begin with. Utilize crosswalks and ramps.

File a grievance for that forced day.
Can't force in my local. Guess my local union leadership had the balls to stand up in negotiations.

brownIEman

This is a good idea but we should not keep it to ourselves on BC. Let's get ahold of the IBT main office and see if they'll put this suggestion to teach UPS a lesson on their home page.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is a good idea but we should not keep it to ourselves on BC. Let's get ahold of the IBT main office and see if they'll put this suggestion to teach UPS a lesson on their home page.
Good idea. They will reopen sometime after New Year's.

brownIEman

Good idea. They will reopen sometime after New Year's.

No good. That's too late. Anybody know any Russians who could hack in and post the message? Tell em they're welcome to post up any errant HRC emails they might have to the site as well...

542thruNthru

You should probably reread it. Especially the part about being safe in crosswalks.

This might be getting old but I can't help it.
DEXATI20171201170732.png