Worked 63 hours last week.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
Didn't even break $500. I'm a package handler and worked doubles everyday and worked 6 days and man..what an exhausting week that was. I worked this Sunday as well and will try working this last week of doubles due to me being off yesterday and today without getting paid for today. I'm down to hang with the company for a long time, but sometimes I just ask myself "What am I doing here"? Just a small rant, I hope everyone enjoys their holidays!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's sad. I picked up this seasonal gig and worked 78 hours and also 13 hours of overtime (biweekly) and break $1000 after tax alone at that job. Too bad its over, now I'm left with making monkey money working at UPS.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With Obamacare now in effect (as much as I despise it), I don't see why the baby Jesus someone over 25 years old would want to work for UPS as a pter unless they plan on becoming a driver. Just my opinion, nothing personal towards anyone.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

With Obamacare now in effect (as much as I despise it), I don't see why the baby Jesus someone over 25 years old would want to work for UPS as a pter unless they plan on becoming a driver. Just my opinion, nothing personal towards anyone.
Because if you can make the hours work, it is like getting paid (rather than paying for) having premium life insurance, something that might cost $4500 every 6 months on those exchanges.

AndUPSER

Premium free insurance is great if you only work 3 1/2 hours a day.

AndUPSER

...but is it worth busting your ass for a starting wage as low as $8.50/hr when you can work elsewhere and stay on Mommy and Daddy's insurance?

I was responding the poster who stated over 25(although it's actually 26 if you're a full time student, 19 if you're not). I'm not speaking for everyone, but to me it's worth it. I feel like since I have my own health insurance, I am helping out my parents big time with saving them money.

A

anonymous6

better get used to it. ive been working 55-60 hrs a week plus another 10 hrs commuting per week for the last 33 years. not complaining. have a lot to show for it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was responding the poster who stated over 25(although it's actually 26 if you're a full time student, 19 if you're not). I'm not speaking for everyone, but to me it's worth it. I feel like since I have my own health insurance, I am helping out my parents big time with saving them money.
It's now 26, doesn't matter if you are a student or not.

MassWineGuy

I don't blame the OP. I was a helper for two seasons and this year vowed never again. At week's end the $9.50 rate was rarely worth the work I'd done.

Under the new contract what will the rate increase to?

1000RR

Helpers are paid $12.88 here. If you make more than that inside the hub you go down to the $12.88 level when you go out to help the driver.. I've been with the company for almost 7 years and that fact coupled with how they were having me meet with a driver 40 mins away for 1 hour of work has made me vow never to help again until there is contract language addressing these issues.

PT Car Washer

Helpers are paid $12.88 here. If you make more than that inside the hub you go down to the $12.88 level when you go out to help the driver.. I've been with the company for almost 7 years and that fact coupled with how they were having me meet with a driver 40 mins away for 1 hour of work has made me vow never to help again until there is contract language addressing these issues.
When a high seniority PTer can make over $45 an hour after 5 hours working doubles.

ghn999

Didn't even break $500. I'm a package handler and worked doubles everyday and worked 6 days and man..what an exhausting week that was. I worked this Sunday as well and will try working this last week of doubles due to me being off yesterday and today without getting paid for today. I'm down to hang with the company for a long time, but sometimes I just ask myself "What am I doing here"? Just a small rant, I hope everyone enjoys their holidays!