Worked to death? Happens quite often. And then there's the injuries.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So you're saying they have more rights, right?

You know UPS takes a life insurance policy out on each of its workers. Dont worry, a lot of big companies do the same thing. If you die at he job, home or just decide to take your own life, someone out there will get around 10k-30k for that death. Thats UPS for ya, looking out for you because you are a possible pay day, whatever the reason or time. Service until the end, I'd say.

Please don't mock / take these policies for granted. Once standard, few companies today offer them (cost-cutting). My policy (PT, benefits controlled by UPS) is equivalent to one year's pay; if something were to happen to me, it'd barely cover the expenses related to grieving / burying me / divesting my assets.*

*OK, well really nobody would care and they'd just toss my body into the local river, but just saying' ...

Integrity

Binge Poster
You are false. Again.

I can teach you gun safety, I can show you how I practice gun safety, I can yell at you if you don't use guns safely....but I can't keep you from pointing that gun at yourself or anyone else when you are on your own.

It is equal responsibility from both parties involved to maximize safety. Failure of one or the other will act as a catalyst to an unsafe culture, not just from one side alone.
LongTimeComing,

You need to learn a little about employee's rights and employer's responsibilities.

Matter of fact every employee should be informed of OSHA employee rights and employer responsibilities.

The following may be helpful.

http://www2.osha.gov/Publications/osha3165.pdf

Sincerely,
I

OptimusPrime

Please don't mock / take these policies for granted. Once standard, few companies today offer them (cost-cutting). My policy (PT, benefits controlled by UPS) is equivalent to one year's pay; if something were to happen to me, it'd barely cover the expenses related to grieving / burying me / divesting my assets.*

*OK, well really nobody would care and they'd just toss my body into the local river, but just saying' ...

He's not talking about life insurance paid to your family. Large corporations will take out life insurance policies for themselves if you die. A kind of gambling if you will.

BrownArmy

Anyone ever injure their toe. You could just about break anyone of them and will work.

I thought I was wearing my steel-toe Carolina boots (habit), but I was wearing NB sneakers...

I used my foot to leverage some craptastic PB oversize overweight box...whoops!

Turns out you absolutely can work with a janked toe...

I thought I was wearing my steel-toe Carolina boots (habit), but I was wearing NB sneakers...

I used my foot to leverage some craptastic PB oversize overweight box...whoops!

Turns out you absolutely can work with a janked toe...
I've done it many times and I always get through it.

Its called COLA company owned life insurance. Maybe thats why Big brown is trying to kill us!! I wonder how much insurance they have on us? If they kill us all ...they could raise the dividend!!!!!!!I wouldnt put it past them.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
LongTimeComing,

You need to learn a little about employee's rights and employer's responsibilities.

Matter of fact every employee should be informed of OSHA employee rights and employer responsibilities.

The following may be helpful.

http://www2.osha.gov/Publications/osha3165.pdf

Sincerely,
I

1. Remove head from ass.

2. That OSHA poster is SOOOOO adorable.

3. A safe WORKPLACE is managements responsibility. A safe CULTURE....well, re-read my post that you replied to. It involves everybody...hard to enforce if you fail to accept responsibility to practice it yourself. You need to stop leveraging by-the-book bullcrap and get with reality. A safety CULTURE can be initiated by management, but it must be perpetuated by the majority of people that must practice it. (YOU)

And since you like to link things for reference, check this link if you think I'm incorrect....Safety Culture

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

NO!

I mean UPS has a policy on each of its workers. They pay pennies a day for that coverage, if you die, they get the pay out. You may have some sort of coverage for yourself. UPS has one thats millions of times better. Its not that they know something better, its that they have the better credit score then you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
1. Remove head from ass. I do not understand your meaning.

2. That OSHA poster is SOOOOO adorable. I am glad you like it.

3. A safe WORKPLACE is managements responsibility. A safe CULTURE....well, re-read my post that you replied to. It involves everybody...hard to enforce if you fail to accept responsibility to practice it yourself.How is enforcing compliance with safety training hard? You need to stop leveraging by-the-book bullcrap and get with reality.I do not understand your comment. A safety CULTURE can be initiated by management, but it must be perpetuated by the majority of people that must practice it.Management are responsible to enforce safe work practices. (YOU)

And since you like to link things for reference, check this link if you think I'm incorrect....Safety Culture I see no safety culture related information at this link. You may want to check on this you may have made a mistake.
LongTimeComing,

I have posted my responses above.

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
LongTimeComing,

I have posted my responses above.

Sincerely,
I

You responded a lot, and you conclude 2 things.

1. You are a troll, as suspected.

2. You invented the "short bus"

...but I'll bite...

You can't 'enforce' things unless the person in question accepts responsibility to perform those things. Yet another question you ask where the answer is right there in front of you.

Your meaningless post of OSHA regulations, and every other comment you ever make all reference some sort of rule set or methods list or contract book. Reality is where people can make logical decisions based on using those books as GUIDELINES, not word for word absolution.

"Management are responsible to enforce safe work practices." Aaaaand your circle of redundancy is complete. YOU have to participate to make management's efforts actually DO ANYTHING. I've already explained this before. If by 'enforce' you mean use disciplinary action when practices aren't performed correctly....you are incorrect. Disciplinary action is a form of mitigation....we attempt to mitigate the unsafe practices. There is no way to enforce anything unless you are physically controlled. I cannot do this. YOU must CHOOSE to abide by what management (and OSHA) train you to use as safe methods.

I would dare say that there isn't a person on BC who would agree with your assessment that management is the sole party responsible for creating a safe culture.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You responded a lot, and you conclude 2 things.

1. You are a troll, as suspected. ?

2. You invented the "short bus" ?

...but I'll bite...

You can't 'enforce' things unless the person in question accepts responsibility to perform those things. Yes you can. Yet another question you ask where the answer is right there in front of you.

Your meaningless post of OSHA regulations, and every other comment you ever make all reference some sort of rule set or methods list or contract book. Reality is where people can make logical decisions based on using those books as GUIDELINES, not word for word absolution. Disagree. OSHA regulations and the Contract are not guidelines. OSHA standards are law and the CBA is a binding contract.

"Management are responsible to enforce safe work practices." Aaaaand your circle of redundancy is complete. YOU have to participate to make management's efforts actually DO ANYTHING. I've already explained this before. If by 'enforce' you mean use disciplinary action when practices aren't performed correctly....you are incorrect. I disagree. Disciplinary action is a form of mitigation....we attempt to mitigate the unsafe practices. There is no way to enforce anything unless you are physically controlled. I cannot do this. YOU must CHOOSE to abide by what management (and OSHA) train you to use as safe methods. And if you choose not to abide?

I would dare say that there isn't a person on BC who would agree with your assessment that management is the sole party responsible for creating a safe culture.I don't know that but it may be true.
LongTimeComing,

Responded above.

Sincerely,
I

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I is hoaxster, yet the ts is a IDIOT for putting a military cemetery as a referance

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
"And if you choose not to abide?"

Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined. Then you turn around and continue to choose not to abide. Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined. Then you again fail to choose to abide by the rules. Then you get someone else injured. Then you get disciplined.

You see where this is going. Sure, eventually you get fired...but you will probably get your job back. It's a never-ending cycle that cannot be broken until you CHOOSE to abide. We are not police officers. We cannot ENFORCE free will. The only way you can perpatuate and nurture a safety CULTURE, is by choosing to follow all of UPS and managments' safety methods and training. It actually involves participation.

Integrity

Binge Poster
"And if you choose not to abide?"

Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined. Then you turn around and continue to choose not to abide. Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined. Then you again fail to choose to abide by the rules. Then you get someone else injured. Then you get disciplined.

You see where this is going. Sure, eventually you get fired...but you will probably get your job back. It's a never-ending cycle that cannot be broken until you CHOOSE to abide. We are not police officers. We cannot ENFORCE free will. The only way you can perpatuate and nurture a safety CULTURE, is by choosing to follow all of UPS and managments' safety methods and training. It actually involves participation.
LongTimeComing,

You discipline employees for filing injury reports.

Is this what you are claiming to do?

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
LongTimeComing,

You discipline employees for filing injury reports.

Is this what you are claiming to do?

Sincerely,
I

No, you ****ing maroon.

You don't follow methods, you get disciplined. You continue to be unsafe, you eventually get injured. Stop dodging the point. I'm not repeating myself for your lack of critical reading skills.