Workers comp settlement

charm299

Has anybody had a workers comp settlement and returned to work? Lawyer said I probably couldn’t return to work and steward said this also. Liberty mutual is dragging their feet about approving an mri, I’ve been waiting since November 22nd

Johney

Has anybody had a workers comp settlement and returned to work? Lawyer said I probably couldn’t return to work and steward said this also. Liberty mutual is dragging their feet about approving an mri, I’ve been waiting since November 22nd
Generally when you "settle" a comp case they will require you to resign. Now there is what's called MMI(maximum medical improvement)which if you get a disability rating due to your injury they will pay you a small lump sum based on the % of disability you get. I have seen a few settlements over the years here from guys who were not able to return to full duty due to injury, also some who have retired and kept their case open through the years. Now keep in mind comp laws are different from state to state. I can only speak from what I've seen in my state and the comp laws here do not benefit the injured worker very well.

Thebrownblob

Each state is quite different, every injury is quite different, in my state I’ve had many people settle their injuries and get a lump sum and continue working. If you have legal counsel, I would follow what they say.

JustDeliverIt

Went through comp a few years ago. Liberty paid my full wages while I was injured and going through rehab. Once I was cleared to come back I received a settlement like described above. Told me I lost a percentage of range of motion but then I returned to work.

Getting all the initial test did take a few days but not months. Did you go to your own doctor? Depending on state laws you could be entitled to see your own doctor. That along with legal counsel got things rolling quicker for me.

charm299

Went through comp a few years ago. Liberty paid my full wages while I was injured and going through rehab. Once I was cleared to come back I received a settlement like described above. Told me I lost a percentage of range of motion but then I returned to work.

Getting all the initial test did take a few days but not months. Did you go to your own doctor? Depending on state laws you could be entitled to see your own doctor. That along with legal counsel got things rolling quicker for me.
Yeah, the problems started when I got my own doctor. Got a lawyer now but he’s even slow playing. I’m about to go pay for mri on my own and sue to get reimbursed. I can’t take the pain no more

Yolo

What percentage are you disabled? How big is the settlement? Remember to factor in your pension and health insurance. And idk your attorney but I'm assuming he would get a percentage of that settlement. So it seems like he would have a pretty big financial incentive to get you to accept a settlement. But a lot of workers comp settlements involve resignation.

Do you think you can physically go back to work?

charm299

What percentage are you disabled? How big is the settlement? Remember to factor in your pension and health insurance. And idk your attorney but I'm assuming he would get a percentage of that settlement. So it seems like he would have a pretty big financial incentive to get you to accept a settlement. But a lot of workers comp settlements involve resignation.

Do you think you can physically go back to work?
I don’t know what’s wrong with me because I can’t get approved for mri. I do believe I will eventually be able to work again. The problem now is the mri

rod

Retired 22 years
I don’t know what’s wrong with me because I can’t get approved for mri. I do believe I will eventually be able to work again. The problem now is the mri
Ask you Center Manager or Supervisors. From my experience they are all highly trained medical professionals and are able to diagnosis what ails you just by looking at you.

Yolo

I find it strange that they would offer a settlement without seeing MRI results. But it's UPS. I had a similar issue I was injuried. I wanted a MRI and I couldn't get workers comp to approve it. They said I was lying about being hurt. Yadda yadda yadda.

What I did was find an online doctor to order a MRI for me. And I found an affordable MRI facility. Paid $299 out of pocket. MRI proved I was injuried and then my attorney went after liberty mutual to reimburse me for the MRI. The MRI results really helped my case. Which could be why they don't want you to have one.

So if you really feel like you are injured do what you have to do to get a MRI and the medical care you need. But I was off work for almost 6 months before getting the MRI. The process takes forever.

charm299

I find it strange that they would offer a settlement without seeing MRI results. But it's UPS. I had a similar issue I was injuried. I wanted a MRI and I couldn't get workers comp to approve it. They said I was lying about being hurt. Yadda yadda yadda.

What I did was find an online doctor to order a MRI for me. And I found an affordable MRI facility. Paid $299 out of pocket. MRI proved I was injuried and then my attorney went after liberty mutual to reimburse me for the MRI. The MRI results really helped my case. Which could be why they don't want you to have one.

So if you really feel like you are injured do what you have to do to get a MRI and the medical care you need. But I was off work for almost 6 months before getting the MRI. The process takes forever.
They never made me an offer, liberty mutual is just ignoring me. They haven’t denied or approved anything since I got my own docto and that was 2 months ago. I think I’m just gonna pay for mri and get Reimburse d

Yolo

Is your doctor BWC certified? A doctor that knows how the system works is a huge asset. They are probably trying to starve you out.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I crushed my thumb at work and they said I had a 1% disability from lack of range. I protested it and saw another (supposedly impartial) doctor and he picked 3%. Back then it was about 1K per 1 percentage point. I got the comp, and I also had PPI (paycheck protection insurance)

Johney

Yeah, the problems started when I got my own doctor. Got a lawyer now but he’s even slow playing. I’m about to go pay for mri on my own and sue to get reimbursed. I can’t take the pain no more
Be careful because if you’re on Teamcare they will likely deny your claim as it’s work related and they won’t cover you for a work related injury. You may be subject to reimbursement to them.

Johney

Integrity,
I’m curious as to why you disagreed with my post? Have you ever had a worker’s comp injury or had to deal with LM?

charm299

Be careful because if you’re on Teamcare they will likely deny your claim as it’s work related and they won’t cover you for a work related injury. You may be subject to reimbursement to them.
Yeah I know, but I don’t have much of a choice now