Workers compensation/year of service/vacation

BigdogM

Wondering if anybody could tell me what happens if I’m off on a workers compensation claim and I don’t meet my 1801 hours when I come back for that year? Will I still get a credited year of service? Same with vacation... what if I don’t hit 1200 hours? Thanks in advance!

Wondering if anybody could tell me what happens if I’m off on a workers compensation claim and I don’t meet my 1801 hours when I come back for that year? Will I still get a credited year of service? Same with vacation... what if I don’t hit 1200 hours? Thanks in advance!
I can't remember what the actual number is but they do contribute to your pension in healthcare up to certain point. I want to say it's 6 months but I could be wrong

rod

Retired 22 years
It used to be for us that the Union would pick up the tab for a year and then the company for the following year. Something like that. Anyway around here you could be off on WC for 2 years without losing ground.

ManInBrown

We had a driver that was out on comp for years. 25% of the center probably never even met him. Like clockwork took all summer weeks for his vacation picks. So I know he accrued vacation not working one hour.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a driver that was out on comp for years. 25% of the center probably never even met him. Like clockwork took all summer weeks for his vacation picks. So I know he accrued vacation not working one hour.
Funny how that works. We had a driver who was out for 5 years and was sent back to work a week before his scheduled vacation. Management wasn't too happy when he was gone again :-).