Workers of the World, Unite!

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
This morning several shop stewards were handing out strike authorization information letters as drivers arrived and preload left.

The majority of the preloaders crumpled up the letters into a little ball and threw them in the trash. One asked "wait, we're unionized?" while another confidently stated "but Jimmy Hoffa's dead." One of the stewards expressed his frustration to which he received the response "we don't get paid enough to care about this place."

With solidarity like this, I really don't think we have anything to worry about come August.

El Correcto

god is dead
This morning several shop stewards were handing out strike authorization information letters as drivers arrived and preload left.

The majority of the preloaders crumpled up the letters into a little ball and threw them in the trash. One asked "wait, we're unionized?" while another confidently stated "but Jimmy Hoffa's dead." One of the stewards expressed his frustration to which he received the response "we don't get paid enough to care about this place."

With solidarity like this, I really don't think we have anything to worry about come August.
Let’s throw pter’s under the bus, again. They’ll get a raise anyways when the Republican Congress raises the minimum wage.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Nothing like our place. We all huddled up and talked about it before, break, and after. Everyone is dead set on authorizing the potential strike. We are not in a rtw state.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
all the posturing and what not in the world, makes no difference when your "leaders" may as well be UPS management. That includes local ones who lick the boots of Hoffa and co. in exchange for larger salaries and political clout.

Strike?! Moving along, nothing to see here.

Indecisi0n

Good. I propose we take a dollar away from part timers and put it into FT pension.

Box Ox

There won't be a strike.
The Teamsters are too weak.
They will fold like a cheap tent in a hurricane.
PTers couldn't care less.

Will be the beginning of the end if they do. Company’s probably banking on it. If a bad contract passes this year, it’ll be a Company teabagging during every negotiating period from here on out until the Union is gone.

Those like myself in RTW states who are ardent and VOLUNTARY supporters of our locals won’t appreciate paying dues while getting :censored2:ed for the next 5 years.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Part Time Air Drivers have kept quite a few full time drivers in jobs I’d say at my place, considering some drivers and their reputations for late air.