Working 12-27

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My hunch is that it will be required because there will be hundreds of thousands of undelivered Christmas packages. Bet on it.

dezguy

What's the latest on hiring 10's of thousands of temp couriers? We should be ok with all the extra folks, right?
UPS in my city has already hired 14 extra drivers and 32 walkers. FedEx? Still waiting to see if our station is approved for 1 temp.

BigTex61

The only thing we've been told in regards to peak is we will have extra power pad batteries and 5 more rentals than last year, and we will be working the weekend before. Considering we had about 15k undelivered pieces in building until about Dec.29 last year, this year will be total chaos again. It's like a psuenomie you know that's coming and make no plans.

DontThrowPackages

I expect late night deliveries this year. With the tragedy involving the shooting death of the young postman, considerations should be taken. Too many people living in this country seem to be looking for any reason/excuse to kill someone. Pure hate or for whatever reason, they want to kill. Sure hope we never hear a story of someone getting killed walking back to their truck after dropping off a package. That goes for competitors too.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
At my station the entire ops manager team will grab a truck and Ppad and go onroad when we are short-handed. Wait...did I mention we only have one a.m. and one p.m. manager? Shrug. It's the thought that counts.