Working 6 days per week. Is the 6th day double time pay?

Steamer

I'm curious to what some may know about this. I'm a 2nd year RPCD. I've heard different things. The ORS sup says 2x. The center manager say 1.5x pay. I'm about to start my first 6 day week today. Yea yea. I know I'm pretty sick...in the head. :bigsmile2:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'm curious to what some may know about this. I'm a 2nd year RPCD. I've heard different things. The ORS sup says 2x. The center manager say 1.5x pay. I'm about to start my first 6 day week today. Yea yea. I know I'm pretty sick...in the head. :bigsmile2:
Depends what day it is.

Here, (local 710), we get paid 1.5X for our 6th day, and 2X for our 7th day.

Even if you only work six days total, if the sixth day falls on what would be your 7th scheduled day, we get double time pay.

I am scheduled Tuesday through Saturday.
Even without working Sunday, if they bring me in on Monday, I make double time.
If they bring me in Sunday I make time and a half.

What is your schedule?
I know you said you are RPCD, but here, some of our low guys are still forced T-S.

Steamer

Depends what day it is.

Here, (local 710), we get paid 1.5X for our 6th day, and 2X for our 7th day.

Even if you only work six days total, if the sixth day falls on what would be your 7th scheduled day, we get double time pay.

I am scheduled Tuesday through Saturday.
Even without working Sunday, if they bring me in on Monday, I make double time.
If they bring me in Sunday I make time and a half.

What is your schedule?
I know you said you are RPCD, but here, some of our low guys are still forced T-S.
I'm T-S also. I worked today it showed up as straight pay and regular overtime pay. No 1.5x or 2x pay yet showing up. Is it because the other days haven't been completed yet for the rest of the week? I worked 6 days last week as well. But it was forced last week for our first T-S week. I worked last Monday as well as T-S. I never got 2x pay for it either. I got 1.5x for Saturday. It shows I made around $210 for today total of around 9 hours. I don't want to be exact to give away any identifying exact numbers.

Last edited:
I'm T-S also. I worked today it showed up as straight pay and regular overtime pay. No 1.5x or 2x pay yet showing up. Is it because the other days haven't been completed yet for the rest of the week? I worked 6 days last week as well. But it was forced last week for our first T-S week. I worked last Monday as well as T-S. I never got 2x pay for it either. I got 1.5x for Saturday. It shows I made around $210 for today total of around 9 hours. I don't want to be exact to give away any identifying exact numbers.
The language is interpreted different everywhere. I'm Mon - Fri and if I work Sunday I get 2x, even if the only day I work that week is Sunday. If I work Saturday it's 1.5x, again, no matter how many days I work. Other places I've heard the language being interpreted more directly, stating you have to have an actual 6th or 7th punch to get the extra cash.

With all of that, this is a matter for your BA to investigate locally, hit him/her up and lean on them until they get you what you need.

Last edited:

Steamer

The language is interpreted different everywhere. I'm m-friend and if I work Sunday I get 2x, even if the only day I work that week is Sunday. If I work Saturday it's 1.5x, again, no matter how many days I work. Other places I've heard the language being interpreted more directly, stating you have to have an actual 6th or 7th punch to get the extra cash.

With all of that, this is a matter for your BA to investigate locally, hit him/her up and lean on them until they get you what you need.
We are local 710 as well.

542thruNthru

If you're a RPCD how are you T-S?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
we have a gps now and guys still complaining about “ a junk route”

FOLLOW THE DAMN THING TILL IT BEEPS AND TOSS THE BOX OUT
🧔✊

PT Car Washer

Oh, don't get me wrong I go home plenty lol. I just mean I don't care if I'm thrown in a junk newbie route.
It seems the PDS picks and chooses which routes will be cut on Monday by how many Saturday routes go out. Take a 3 day weekend and still have a 32 hr straight time and and 8 hr OT check. You do the math.

Steamer

get your contract book for a definitive answer
I get it now. T-S is 5 working days. The 6th would be Sunday which we are closed. Monday would be my 7th working day at 2x. It didn't show up online on UPSers. But they said it will be on my check like vacation pay shows up.

Cowboy Mac

The way it works in my local is the 6th punch day is the day that gets paid at 1.5x. So for a T-S guy who works a Monday, gets paid like normal all week and Saturday (the 6th punch) is all 1.5x.

People always brag about getting their 6th punch like it’s something special. If you work 6 days, you’re probably gonna be over 40 hours which means you’re on overtime anyways.