Working as directed

tacken

So a fellow driver yesterday was told via diad message, If you cant make it to that stop by 17:00 just sheet it as a futher del. This was a misload that he let them know about (3) hours earlier. Its nice when your boss tells you to be dishonest.I told him to sheet as missed. Thanks UPS mangament for leading by example.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sheet as future is what I assume you're talking about.

I would then call the ethics hotline and let them know about it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We are often told not to sheet it,rather bring it in and give to an OMS and a FT supe will deliver on his way home . I refuse to do this,and unless someone gets the package from me before I leave area it's sheeted as missed.

So a fellow driver yesterday was told via diad message, If you cant make it to that stop by 17:00 just sheet it as a futher del. This was a misload that he let them know about (3) hours earlier. Its nice when your boss tells you to be dishonest.I told him to sheet as missed. Thanks UPS mangament for leading by example.
Work as instructed and put managers name in remarks and that he told you to do it. Then call 1-800 number and watch him lose his stock for the year.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
WORKING AS DIRECTED WITH A DISHONEST INSTRUCTIONS !! SHOW NO MERCY !! GRIEVE , DOCUMENTATION TO SUCH BEHAVIOR ,ONCE HE EXPERIENCE ASSERTIVE NEGATIVE REINFORCERS FROM YOU.WORK VERY WELL ,YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE DIAD, HE THE ONE WITH THE INSTRUCTION , WORK AS INSTRUCTED.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

WORKING AS DIRECTED WITH A DISHONEST INSTRUCTIONS !! SHOW NO MERCY !! GRIEVE , DOCUMENTATION TO SUCH BEHAVIOR ,ONCE HE EXPERIENCE ASSERTIVE NEGATIVE REINFORCERS FROM YOU.WORK VERY WELL ,YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE DIAD, HE THE ONE WITH THE INSTRUCTION , WORK AS INSTRUCTED.

It is amazing how using all caps magnifies your lack of vocabulary, poor spelling and overall poor grammar and highlights your inability to put two words together to form a cohesive sentence.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have been told to do the same thing, I just go ahead and record it as "missed". If they want to give me a warning letter for refusing to falsify delivery records they are more than welcome to.

brownrod

I have been told to do the same thing, I just go ahead and record it as "missed". If they want to give me a warning letter for refusing to falsify delivery records they are more than welcome to.

This.
We are under no obligation to follow dishonest, illegal or unsafe directions.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not dishonest if boss says to do it. Might be for the boss though.
Wally,

The term "working as directed" does not justify dishonest actions by an employee.

The supervisors of a corporation are employees of the corporation just as the hourly employees.

The do have more responsibility and limited authority over the hourly workers that they supervise.

They do not have authority to direct employees to commit dishonest acts or violate the written policies of the corporation.

Sincerely,
I

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wally,

The term "working as directed" does not justify dishonest actions by an employee.

The supervisors of a corporation are employees of the corporation just as the hourly employees.

The do have more responsibility and limited authority over the hourly workers that they supervise.

They do not have authority to direct employees to commit dishonest acts or violate the written policies of the corporation.

Sincerely,
I
Oh for the love of god....look who didn't get hit by a car.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I had a misload the other day and got a very shady message that said "can you sheet your misload closed?? Thanks ". That is some shady ish right there. I replied " No. That is dishonesty."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They make the rules (management). Perhaps, missed and future are now the same thing, how would I know? How they want something done is their call. No dishonesty on my part. I'm just doing as told.

sven

When "working as directed", its a good idea to put in remarks comments the intials of the supervisor that gave you the questionable directions. IE: as per AH
Always remember the 11th commandement....Cover thy Ass!