Working at FedEx Office

Gruff Handler

Hello everyone. I'm currently a package handler for fdx ground and want to get out badly. I've been a package handler for 7 years and its time to go. I've been applying for other jobs but the job seeking process is slow and cumbersome. Instead of quitting outright, I was thinking about jumping over to office. That way, I could continue my job search and remain under the fedex umbrella. They have many openings on the fedex career site and they seem to be a less stressful company. I'm interested in their "Center Consultant" position. That's a very fancy title, it's job description sounds like the equivalent of ground's QA. I came up with these questions and hoping that someone that works or worked at office can answer them. Remember, I have the "Center Consultant" position in mind.

What is working at office like? Is it a stressful job? What are the duties of a center consultant?
What are the hours like?
How are the benefits, vacation?
Do I have to work behind/operate a cash register?
Can a ground package handler directly transfer to office? If so, will the benefits transfer too?
Can someone work at ground and office?

These are the questions I have for now and would really appreciate it if someone can reply. Thanks for your time. Any help is appreciated!

Manager Wants Buyout

Do not come to Office unless you are interested in standing in a center all by yourself shipping packages, doing excessive janitorial work, getting blasted over not selling a flash drive, getting your hours cut, working with people that hate their job, and your shift switched. I'm a ten year, overpaid manager standing by waiting for a buyout.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello everyone. I'm currently a package handler for fdx ground and want to get out badly. I've been a package handler for 7 years and its time to go. I've been applying for other jobs but the job seeking process is slow and cumbersome. Instead of quitting outright, I was thinking about jumping over to office. That way, I could continue my job search and remain under the fedex umbrella. They have many openings on the fedex career site and they seem to be a less stressful company. I'm interested in their "Center Consultant" position. That's a very fancy title, it's job description sounds like the equivalent of ground's QA. I came up with these questions and hoping that someone that works or worked at office can answer them. Remember, I have the "Center Consultant" position in mind.

What is working at office like? Is it a stressful job? What are the duties of a center consultant?
What are the hours like?
How are the benefits, vacation?
Do I have to work behind/operate a cash register?
Can a ground package handler directly transfer to office? If so, will the benefits transfer too?
Can someone work at ground and office?

These are the questions I have for now and would really appreciate it if someone can reply. Thanks for your time. Any help is appreciated!

See "Frying pan into fire".

Manager Wants Buyout

Basically you will be standing at a cash register in a store with no customers and being told to annoy the customers that do come in. When you don't, they will document you. You will have a bad schedule, low pay and no enjoyment. Go somewhere else. This is an epic fraud failure collapse.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Basically you will be standing at a cash register in a store with no customers and being told to annoy the customers that do come in. When you don't, they will document you. You will have a bad schedule, low pay and no enjoyment. Go somewhere else. This is an epic fraud failure collapse.

Fred never fails. He has dropped emphasis on Office to pursue other opportunities (ruin other companies).

Manager Wants Buyout

Office is ruined. It's a garbage dump heap of failure. There's nothing left to do to finish off the FAILURE. They run around talking about how they had sales growth in December but that's a TOTAL LIE. The TPS report of the regions shows the steady rapid failure as it always was and always will be. Question #94 on the buyout papers talks about owning a print shop. We are all hoping that spells buyout for us. The company is a dumpster. Even the DMs want a buyout.

bbsam

Staff member
Lol. People waiting for a buyout. "Somebody pay me to go away! I can't stand it here!". Do you guys really see nothing wrong with that? I think that mindset is going to be rudely unrewarded.

Manager Wants Buyout

Lol. People waiting for a buyout. "Somebody pay me to go away! I can't stand it here!". Do you guys really see nothing wrong with that? I think that mindset is going to be rudely unrewarded.
it will probably go unrewarded. As bad as this company is, there are bigger issues. Getting paid to leave a bad job is a good thing. A man can dream, cant he? I'll secure new employment if I don't get a buyout. I'd like to get a small victory. This was the company's idea, remember?,

bbsam

Staff member
it will probably go unrewarded. As bad as this company is, there are bigger issues. Getting paid to leave a bad job is a good thing. A man can dream, cant he? I'll secure new employment if I don't get a buyout. I'd like to get a small victory. This was the company's idea, remember?,

good points. Are you sure the buyouts are for your level and not the upper level yahoos?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You may be in his shoes one of these days. As long as you're under Fred's umbrella schits gonna happen sooner or later.

Manager Wants Buyout

I have no idea. I would think they'd like us overpaid guys gone. Centers can't hit payroll or sales and mostly everyone does nothing. My guess is Office gets ignored. I'm leaving soon like everyone but timing it with a buyout would be great. The declines are amazing. Why not clean it up?

EffOff

I've worked over a decade at Kinko's/FedEx Office, and I am so miserable. I work at a CPC (Commercial Production Center, or whatever it's called now) and it's sheer hell. A lot of CPCs were closed recently and we have to take up the slack, and the workload is overwhelming, the equipment we have to use is inadequate, I have developed injuries working here and the pay rate is appalling. We're being paid at the retail level, but we are in fact an assembly-line - CPCs are very different from stores - and we're not being paid assembly-line level wages. I can barely scrape by working full-time, and I'm single with no kids. When the company was Kinko's, it was a great place to work. Great compensation, and I felt appreciated. Those days are gone. I could not recommend working at "friend-Off" right now, if ever.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've worked over a decade at Kinko's/FedEx Office, and I am so miserable. I work at a CPC (Commercial Production Center, or whatever it's called now) and it's sheer hell. A lot of CPCs were closed recently and we have to take up the slack, and the workload is overwhelming, the equipment we have to use is inadequate, I have developed injuries working here and the pay rate is appalling. We're being paid at the retail level, but we are in fact an assembly-line - CPCs are very different from stores - and we're not being paid assembly-line level wages. I can barely scrape by working full-time, and I'm single with no kids. When the company was Kinko's, it was a great place to work. Great compensation, and I felt appreciated. Those days are gone. I could not recommend working at "friend-Off" right now, if ever.
Single with no kids?Quit now. Might be rough at first, but you'll thank yourself later.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This sounds pretty much the same thing I hear from former Viking, American Freightways, and Roberts Express employees. Their former employers treated them like human beings, quite unlike FedEx.

EffOff

Single with no kids?Quit now. Might be rough at first, but you'll thank yourself later.

I would love to, but I'm in my fifties (don't look it, thank god). I'm worried about finding another job. I know that's a lame excuse, but the current job market is what's holding me back right now.

And there is that buyout rumor...

Manager Wants Buyout

I'm waiting for a buyout. The COVe are over worked because this failed company wiped out the centers and no one does anything. It's all good though. There are no customers anywhere and that's a good thing.
I would love to, but I'm in my fifties (don't look it, thank god). I'm worried about finding another job. I know that's a lame excuse, but the current job market is what's holding me back right now.

And there is that buyout rumor...

Express Courier

Whenever I pup at Office I always look around and thank the heavens that, well at least I'm a Courier in this company. Then I hop into my truck and ride way into sunset with my ear goggles on.

Manager Wants Buyout

The job is shamefully miserable but now since there are zero customers, its much better. The doors don't even open for anything other than a few shipping transactions. Go Team!!!!! Let's get ready to get ready.
Whenever I pup at Office I always look around and thank the heavens that, well at least I'm a Courier in this company. Then I hop into my truck and ride way into sunset with my ear goggles on.