Working bid route that isn’t mine...

RedRvrDrvr

I keep getting assigned to a crappy bid route that isn’t mine, while the bid driver gets assigned an easier route. Is that acceptable?

RedRvrDrvr

This would not be acceptable here. I would file a grievance for them to put the vacated route up for bid.

The thing is, it’s not just one route he gets assigned...there are several. I keep getting his when it’s too heavy. It’s a pattern I’ve noticed.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
I keep getting assigned to a crappy bid route that isn’t mine, while the bid driver gets assigned an easier route. Is that acceptable?
Nope, all I had to do was tell them I was going to file if I wasn’t allowed to bump a bid driver from covering an easy route, put an end to that non sense. Driver wants to cover routes shouldn’t of bid on a route.

542thruNthru

The thing is, it’s not just one route he gets assigned...there are several. I keep getting his when it’s too heavy. It’s a pattern I’ve noticed.

If he's not doing his route especially if it's turning into a regular thing. Then he is vacating it and it needs to be put up for bid.

Also if I had more seniority then someone else then I would bump them off their route.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Is it because you run to get it done? Slow down and see how long it lasts. In my area, if someone does not do their route for a couple weeks (other than vacation, worker's comp, fmla) it's supposed to go back up for bid. In those situations, however, nothing is stopping the driver from bidding on their route, so it will usually be a wash.

RedRvrDrvr

Is it because you run to get it done? Slow down and see how long it lasts. In my area, if someone does not do their route for a couple weeks (other than vacation, worker's comp, fmla) it's supposed to go back up for bid. In those situations, however, nothing is stopping the driver from bidding on their route, so it will usually be a wash.

Nope. Not a runner. I just know the route well. Compared to other routes that I know, that’s the heaviest route I work. Car is full down the middle. Barely any room for dolly...peak is over!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not that I’m aware of. He’ll cover 1 or 2 other routes and I’ll get his. I just see it as a missed opportunity for me to learn new routes. I’m not TCD, but I’m a fairly new driver without a bid route.

Tell your sup that you want to learn other routes and that you insist the driver does his own route or bid off it. See what they do.

WTFm8

Driver might be on 9.5 list and management know they’ll be over if they go out with the load instead of putting a driver on a split taking some of their volume.

Check your supplement, mine has language you can’t be bumped from your bid more then 7 times a year unless mutual, driver may be unaware.

Regardless, if the route is on and the driver available, they should be the one on it.

ManInBrown

Thanks and I do. I don’t complain, just wondering if it’s normal practice elsewhere?
No. Not even close. If a driver has a bid route, and that route is in, and they are working, they have to do that route. At least where I am. Maybe there’s some crazy rules somewhere else.

Are you sure the bid driver, didn’t bid on another route, and he’s trying it out for the allowed 30 working days!

542thruNthru

No. Not even close. If a driver has a bid route, and that route is in, and they are working, they have to do that route. At least where I am. Maybe there’s some crazy rules somewhere else.

Are you sure the bid driver, didn’t bid on another route, and he’s trying it out for the allowed 30 working days!

You guys get 30 working days to try a route?

Wow!