Working for Free?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I think you should keep working for free. It shows how motivated you are to make the company succeed. As a matter of fact I have a fence that needs power washing, some yard work, and we were looking for someone to clean the house so fax me your resume and I'll put you on my payroll...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think you should keep working for free. It shows how motivated you are to make the company succeed. As a matter of fact I have a fence that needs power washing, some yard work, and we were looking for someone to clean the house so fax me your resume and I'll put you on my payroll...

Just as soon as he's done shoveling snow for me!

arice11

I understand the other power rangers who comes in extra early are also technically working for free. Sometimes a whole hour and a half because there is times when the computer wont allow anyone to clock in. If the adjustments are made...who knows? What if our supervisors have been accumulating so many free hours for so long that it becomes part of the everyday operations?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
SMALLS.jpg

PT Car Washer

I understand the other power rangers who comes in extra early are also technically working for free. Sometimes a whole hour and a half because there is times when the computer wont allow anyone to clock in. If the adjustments are made...who knows? What if our supervisors have been accumulating so many free hours for so long that it becomes part of the everyday operations?
I think the light bulb over your head just came on. UPS lower management thrives on free labor. Means they get to keep their job for another year.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

What does your start time say? I always have to go over this with new guys. In timecards we set start times in advance. So lets say your start time for Monday is usually 0330. But they changed the schedule to 0245, and you punch out at 0845. Your timecard system will say you worked 5:15, but when we change it in our system it will say you worked 6, but in yours it won't change. They will (or are supposed to at least) go in and change your start time to 0245. It won't transmit to the timecard system you use. So those extra 45 minutes will never show up in your weekly total. The PTer timecard system is a transmit system only.

Easiest way to tell if they did in fact change it is to request to see your timecards for the week on Friday.

arice11

What does your start time say? I always have to go over this with new guys. In timecards we set start times in advance. So lets say your start time for Monday is usually 0330. But they changed the schedule to 0245, and you punch out at 0845. Your timecard system will say you worked 5:15, but when we change it in our system it will say you worked 6, but in yours it won't change. They will (or are supposed to at least) go in and change your start time to 0245. It won't transmit to the timecard system you use. So those extra 45 minutes will never show up in your weekly total. The PTer timecard system is a transmit system only.

Easiest way to tell if they did in fact change it is to request to see your timecards for the week on Friday.

So the hours are not reflected on my timecard. If my start time didn't change, but I was asked to come in early the whole week...I just don't understand...maybe one day out of the week my start-time could remain the same, but if I'm being asked to arrive early the whole week and my start-time has not changed...how can I know if those hours were even recorded.
Who would I go see to request a time-card summary of my week?

So the hours are not reflected on my timecard. If my start time didn't change, but I was asked to come in early the whole week...I just don't understand...maybe one day out of the week my start-time could remain the same, but if I'm being asked to arrive early the whole week and my start-time has not changed...how can I know if those hours were even recorded.
Keep a notebook of all hours worked. Then compare it to your pay stub.

If it doesn't match up confront tour supervisor (nicely). If no satisfaction grab a steward.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'd just post about it on the internet....maybe the sup you stalk can help you. Put down your binoculars and go ask her.

arice11

I'd just post about it on the internet....maybe the sup you stalk can help you. Put down your binoculars and go ask her.
Home-girl is not a supervisor and I do not stalk her. If adding someone as a friend on FB, and giving them a birthday gift is stalking than we're an entire nation of stalkers.
But that's a left turn. She was however the one who told me the various ways one can file a grievance.

Look alls i'm saying is, working for free here and there an hour a day once a week is alright by me, but after months of inconsistent start times and unaccounted hours, its starting to become a bother.