Working Mon-Sat for peak

Santashelper1

couple questions..

Since it's peak.. Is the 6 day punch still time and a half all day for the 6th day?

Also, Don't they have to ask from the top down if they want the 6 day punch or do the Tuesday-Saturday workers have first dibs on the 6 day punch?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
couple questions..

Since it's peak.. Is the 6 day punch still time and a half all day for the 6th day?

Also, Don't they have to ask from the top down if they want the 6 day punch or do the Tuesday-Saturday workers have first dibs on the 6 day punch?

Yes it's is time and a half. And they are to ask from the top down, and force from bottom up

Santashelper1

Yes it's is time and a half. And they are to ask from the top down, and force from bottom up

We were told today that Tuesday-Saturday guys would have first choice whether to work Saturday or not even tho we were forced in today. I'm ok with working a 6 day punch but figured it would have to go by seniority first

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thank you. That was most helpful.
I am known for two things being helpful, and a world class hambone
hamboning__simple__by_dororo328-d30igcy.gif

Turdferguson

Just a turd
We were told today that Tuesday-Saturday guys would have first choice whether to work Saturday or not even tho we were forced in today. I'm ok with working a 6 day punch but figured it would have to go by seniority first
If you only have four punches then you have a right to a 5th punch before someone gets a 6th punch

Santashelper1

This will be interesting because technically it's his scheduled day not extra work. He's t-s so he is scheduled to work not forced

Today wasn't my scheduled day, so could today's hours be converted into time and 1/2 once I work Saturday? They gave mostly every tues-sat worker around an 8 hour day today and said it was because they wanted to make sure we had hours for Saturday.

542thruNthru

Today wasn't my scheduled day, so could today's hours be converted into time and 1/2 once I work Saturday? They gave mostly every tues-sat worker around an 8 hour day today and said it was because they wanted to make sure we had hours for Saturday.

No. Saturday will be your time and a 1/2. Unless your supplement says different.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Besides the lack of punctuation in a run-on, still makes no sense. Who has more seniority to go home? Seniority doesn't matter.

The question is: contractually, who stays? The answer is, all drivers stay, since UPS didn't give enough notice when changing start times. The seasonal temp would be cut before anyone FT driver....

A better question is, if and when they force the T-S person who is FT perm to go home on the Monday, will they grive it?

Last edited by a moderator:

MendozaJ

Section 2 – Scheduled Day Off

Any full-time employee who worked on his/her scheduled day off
and is also available for work on each of his/her regularly scheduled
five (5) days (except for absence due to legitimate good cause) shall
receive overtime pay at the rate of time and a half for all work on
such scheduled days off, but in the event he/she is absent on any of
his/her regularly scheduled five (5) days without legitimate good
cause he/she shall receive no overtime pay for work on his/her
scheduled day off.

Management granting you another day off during the week does not fall under the category of good cause. This is why you don't make side deals.

Santashelper1

Section 2 – Scheduled Day Off

Any full-time employee who worked on his/her scheduled day off
and is also available for work on each of his/her regularly scheduled
five (5) days (except for absence due to legitimate good cause) shall
receive overtime pay at the rate of time and a half for all work on
such scheduled days off, but in the event he/she is absent on any of
his/her regularly scheduled five (5) days without legitimate good
cause he/she shall receive no overtime pay for work on his/her
scheduled day off.

Management granting you another day off during the week does not fall under the category of good cause. This is why you don't make side deals.

Thanks. I guess Saturday will be time and a half all day. I'm sure they'll do everything they can to make sure I don't work over 8 hours that day.

If I worked last Monday (my day off) and didn't work Thursday (thanksgiving) and Friday (holiday pay), and worked Saturday.. should that Saturday be a 6 day punch or do holidays not count?

OrionsBitch

Not...
I think making people work an extra day during peak should be on a rotation. Forcing the young guys in every Saturday isn't right. Everything else regarding seniority goes out the window during peak. You can't bump around routes, you can't file 9.5 ( for the most part), you don't get 8hr requests etc. It's busy and everyone has stuff to get done. Imo it would be right to just have a weekly rotation. And then after peak go back to the old forcing standards.