Workmans comp question

Oh Shoot

Got injured on the job went to doctor and they put me on restricted duty/light duty. Ive been twice and still no change. The company has been giving me my guarantee. How long will the company allow this? Is this considered workmans comp and am I entitled any compensation? After how many days will the company make me take short term disability? Never been injured before so have questions...if anyone has any advice or comments please respond. Thanks

upschuck

Usually they work you 29 days on taw, then go to workman comp. No short term disability, that is for off job injuries. You pay nothing on the doctors bills either.

Overpaid Union Thug

My DM would lose it if I allowed someone to do that.
Well, their is a solution to that problem. A new OCS on this board could coach you on how to write up, and eventually fire, said driver. Simply follow him while he drives the package car to his appointment and wait for him to commit a methods infraction. He may even get sick of being followed and decide to drive his own vehicle to avoid the harassment. ;)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Well, their is a solution to that problem. A new OCS on this board could coach you on how to write up, and eventually fire, said driver. Simply follow him while he drives the package car to his appointment and wait for him to commit a methods infraction. He may even get sick of being followed and decide to drive his own vehicle to avoid the harassment. ;)
Too much paperwork for me. Take your car and I hope you feel better soon.

35years

Gravy route
Did you file a first report of injury incident report?
This is to protect your rights in case the injury ends up being long term, reoccurring, or permanent. You are entitled (by law) to a copy. There is a time limit, so ask if it was filed and if not, get it filed.
Contact your State Workman's Comp office. (many have helpful experts who can help you navigate the claim process).

Have you seen your own doctor?
In many states you have the right to a second opinion and to choose you own doctor. Your own doctor would not have the monetary conflict of interest that the UPS doctor has. There are rules about "doctor shopping"; so often after you have seen a second doctor the next appointment you go to determines who you choose for your ensuing appointments. UPS can still require you to see their doctor, but you still see and accept treatment from your own, and if they disagree on treatment or ability to work there is a set process to follow. You need to call your own State's workman's comp helpline.

Do you anticipate this injury lasting a long time or possibly permanent?
If so, consider retaining a good Workman's Comp attorney. Your teamster local may have an attorney on retainer that can help you free of charge, or may help you find an attorney who has dealt successfully with UPS claims.

More information here:
Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/work-while-injured.367265/page-2#ixzz3yJ7HMV2M