Workplace Violence between hourlies

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Your teeth are awesome? We DO have a good dental plan. I hope you aren't talking about store bought teeth at least.
Teeth are good....not much thanks to ups for that. Genetics have pretty good to me...i'm 35...could pass for 27 and have great teeth. Can't complain too much....lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Haven't read the whole thread. But...,:whiteflag: who would irk you enough to have violence at work? Dont you people have bars? You invite the aggressor for a drink, and beat him up in the p lot. Or anywhere outside of work. Not at work, it can wait. Infantile.

PT Car Washer

In my building management would take both out of service for work place violence and allow the grievance process to proceed to whatever conclusion. Better to just do your job and keep your mouth shut.

Ive seen posts about workplace violence between management and hourlies but what about between two hourlies? What is the procedure that management must follow when workplace violence has been reported?
Try to see if you can talk them out of it a little. Whenever I've seen things like that at work I try to take one of them away from the situation. This isn't a solution just what a good guy can do to help a brother out.

bplppl

Someone had asked earlier what the code if conduct is, its in here http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ups.com%2Fmedia%2Fen%2Fcode_bus_conduct.pdf&ei=2uSKUp7OCeT42QWUzYC4CQ&usg=AFQjCNHX98NDJApuRUkR-tpYS_sXGZTuVQ . pg 20 or 21 about. Management won't do jack about it. This guy rubs everyone the wrong way. I told him to quit crying about the labels and he went off on me in front of everyone (except management cause who knows where they were). Talking s&%t is one thing but threats are different. Sup told me cause I said something to him first that I am also at fault. BULL. He just don't want to do his job.

PT Car Washer

You have a big problem. Either switch to another belt or another sort. Or start looking for another job. You do not want to be fired for work place violence. Even if it is not your fault, it will follow you.

gingerkat

It is not. Especially in the work place. Even verbal intimidation.

Agreed. People deserve peace at work and home. I'm living in a situation with a neighbor and I'm scared shi*less every single day. Psychological crap and now physical threats. Great a man threatening violence on a little woman! The police are useless and told me I should just move. Now I have a temporary restraining order, but the sheriff's can't serve him because he's a slippery devil. Hopefully I can get him served or my court date will be useless. I used to joke about smart phones being stupid and useless, but I take it back. I've got him recorded threatening me and took numerous pictures of him in my windows, etc., so hopefully I will be able to get my permanent order in place.

But, back to the workplace and all… violence (verbal is just as bad as physical in my eyes) is never acceptable. We work because we need money, so leaving is not an option. We should be able to come to work daily and feel safe at all times, no if's and's and but's about it. It is the duty and obligation of the supervisors and UPS to keep the workplace free of any violence or potential violence.