Worthwhile giving 2 weeks notice?

ZetaTheCoyote

I won't even bother describing the situation at hand in detail. Suffice to say that at the Lexington Hub I've been lied to about advancement opportunities, disrespected by supervisors despite my steadfast loyalty to them over the past six months, and so on and so forth. I want out to pursue something else but I'm unsure if I should put in a two-weeks notice for a job as trivial as loader.

I called in last week to the last three of my six for six days to cover for being out of town and they didn't even relay this message to my supervisor. Thus, I came in the next week, ready to work, and I get an earful of "where the hell were you yesterday?" despite having called Day Sort the week prior to let them know. With them being so disorganized to the point of not being able to relay my messages, I feel that I'd be doing myself a disservice if I were to quit with a two-weeks notice when I could get out in an instant tomorrow if I wanted. People have warned me of "what if your next employer wants to call UPS to get a feel for you and they give you the bad news that you quit without notice?". To that I say, I passed the part-time supervisor tests five months ago and nobody has approached me about advancement, I have been promised little trinkets (shirts, gloves, hats) for meeting goals but have never gotten them (that's a minute thing that I don't care about but it illustrates the point I'm trying to make), and when I called in to let them know of my absence they couldn't even let my supervisor know I wasn't going to be there and that I'd be using six for six days. So I bet you if and when my next potential employer calls UPS to ask about me, UPS will be saying "...who?"

So should I just go ahead and quit on the spot or still give two-weeks notice in spite of all this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2B79725C-AF71-470F-8B02-75AAFA58B064.gif
I won't even bother describing the situation at hand in detail. Suffice to say that at the Lexington Hub I've been lied to about advancement opportunities, disrespected by supervisors despite my steadfast loyalty to them over the past six months, and so on and so forth. I want out to pursue something else but I'm unsure if I should put in a two-weeks notice for a job as trivial as loader.

I called in last week to the last three of my six for six days to cover for being out of town and they didn't even relay this message to my supervisor. Thus, I came in the next week, ready to work, and I get an earful of "where the hell were you yesterday?" despite having called Day Sort the week prior to let them know. With them being so disorganized to the point of not being able to relay my messages, I feel that I'd be doing myself a disservice if I were to quit with a two-weeks notice when I could get out in an instant tomorrow if I wanted. People have warned me of "what if your next employer wants to call UPS to get a feel for you and they give you the bad news that you quit without notice?". To that I say, I passed the part-time supervisor tests five months ago and nobody has approached me about advancement, I have been promised little trinkets (shirts, gloves, hats) for meeting goals but have never gotten them (that's a minute thing that I don't care about but it illustrates the point I'm trying to make), and when I called in to let them know of my absence they couldn't even let my supervisor know I wasn't going to be there and that I'd be using six for six days. So I bet you if and when my next potential employer calls UPS to ask about me, UPS will be saying "...who?"

So should I just go ahead and quit on the spot or still give two-weeks notice in spite of all this?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I did it. Sucked having to drag it out two more weeks but I just went out easy and let them forget all about me with no fussing. One of them even offered to be a reference.

ZetaTheCoyote

At any rate my biggest worry is a potential employer actually calling UPS and asking about me, yet with all I've described I have a hunch they'll just be scratching their heads as to who is the person in question.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At any rate my biggest worry is a potential employer actually calling UPS and asking about me, yet with all I've described I have a hunch they'll just be scratching their heads as to who is the person in question.

UPS is not allowed to say anything beyond "rehire" or "not rehire" when potential employers call about former employees.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Put in ur two weeks. You’ll never know if you’d end up in a situation where you’ll need fast employment that will hire anyone who knows how to breath on the spot. Otherwise, welcome to the infamous no-hire list

ZetaTheCoyote

UPS is not allowed to say anything beyond "rehire" or "not rehire" when potential employers call about former employees.

Are those terms "rehire/not rehire" applicable only to UPS in this case? Or are those answers given to the other employer to basically imply that "yes, you should hire this person" or "no, you shouldn't hire this person"?