Would you deliver here?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I did...but visions of the movie "deliverance" kept playing in my head the entire time I was there. This customer lives waaaay back in the deep dark woods and I was glad to make the delivery and get the heck out of there!:surprised:

no trespassing.jpg
no trespassing.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Rich Marcinko (The Rogue Warrior!) lives out this way, and he has a similar sign at the entrance to his driveway which is also in the deep dark woods. It's a little disconcerting the first time you have to deliver there, but he's actually a decent guy.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I had several deliveries to places like that, one was almost a mile to the end of the road.

Had one where the woman that lived there was raped, and they wanted deliveries left at the house next to the drive after that.

Worst I ever had was to the house of a grand dragon KKK. His sign said you are being watched, and had a photo shown through a scope. You want to talk whack job.

Also the time I delivered to Mrs Qualls for the first time. She is a bit old, her face wrinkled to the extreme. Had a shotgun. I was praying the old gal didn't fall or have a heart attack. Always had several thousand stuck in her bra. Most she ever pulled out was around $6400 cash.

Last statistics I heard was that one in 20 on the road is legally drunk, on weekends and late nights, one in 7.

d

I had several deliveries to places like that, one was almost a mile to the end of the road.

Had one where the woman that lived there was raped, and they wanted deliveries left at the house next to the drive after that.

Worst I ever had was to the house of a grand dragon KKK. His sign said you are being watched, and had a photo shown through a scope. You want to talk whack job.

Also the time I delivered to Mrs Qualls for the first time. She is a bit old, her face wrinkled to the extreme. Had a shotgun. I was praying the old gal didn't fall or have a heart attack. Always had several thousand stuck in her bra. Most she ever pulled out was around $6400 cash.

Last statistics I heard was that one in 20 on the road is legally drunk, on weekends and late nights, one in 7.

d
America I love this country.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
LOL, Yup, for all the problems, there is no place like home. Just dont ask me to learn spanish as the new official language.

I think I posted this before, but I delivered to a place like that before, way on top of a hill, only house on the property, nothing but thick woods.

Got to the top and pulled into drive. The college daughter was out cleaning the car topless, and had the vac going. Had one of the noise dampening headphones on, and I guess listening to music. Never heard me, but felt the vibrations of the truck as I pulled in. Tried to cover up, but only had the vac hose. Never said a word, and acted like I didnt see a thing out of the ordinary.

UPSers see it all.

d

soberups

I

If that were my route I would always deliver to him at the end of the day in order to allow my urine to dry off of his packages.

I am curious, Dannyboy--when you were on vacation did you ever have a black driver fill in for you? That would have been rather interesting.....

soberups

A lot of the farms I deliver to raise sheep and goats. When they are too old to produce wool or milk, the animals are frequently sold to the local Hispanic population for meat. What normally happens is that the animals will be shot and butchered on site. On more than one occasion I have come down the driveway to the sight of several Hispanic men gathered around a goat or sheep that is hanging from a tree and being skinned and gutted. There is one farm in particular where the spot beneath the tree is the only place for me to turn around, so they have to stop what they are doing and swing the carcass out of the way so that I can back into the spot to get out. And I wind up driving over a huge pile of skin and guts. It doesnt bother me (I hunt) but I had a relief driver get completely grossed out by it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A lot of the farms I deliver to raise sheep and goats. When they are too old to produce wool or milk, the animals are frequently sold to the local Hispanic population for meat. What normally happens is that the animals will be shot and butchered on site. On more than one occasion I have come down the driveway to the sight of several Hispanic men gathered around a goat or sheep that is hanging from a tree and being skinned and gutted. There is one farm in particular where the spot beneath the tree is the only place for me to turn around, so they have to stop what they are doing and swing the carcass out of the way so that I can back into the spot to get out. And I wind up driving over a huge pile of skin and guts. It doesnt bother me (I hunt) but I had a relief driver get completely grossed out by it.

Would it be wrong for the Hispanics to eat the butchered meat on "PITA" bread?

Re-Raise

I had a crazy guy on my route that had painted on his shed "trespassers will be electrocuted" I always took the same path to the door and it was nowhere near the shed.

Occassionally he would answer the door in full makeup wearing a dress. After he died they dug up glass jars buried in the shed with silver coins in them worth thousands and donated them to the church.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a half dozen stops like the OP's on my route and I actually got along with them better than some "normal" customers.
Insert irrelevant Youtube video here:

[video=youtube;L8H4IC9ttIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8H4IC9ttIU[/video]

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I am curious, Dannyboy--when you were on vacation did you ever have a black driver fill in for you? That would have been rather interesting.....
Actually, the route I was on was taken over as a training route. I was moved to another route. The first driver that was "trained" on that route still has it 20 some years now. And he is black. Just like a brother to me.

The KKK guy was in a resi area that was added at times to the route. First time it was added to his, we went to management and informed them of the problem. I believe they actually went to the guy's house and had a "talk" with him. But Dennis never ever had a problem with him. Now that can not be said from others on the route. Most went out of business when the other drivers would not deliver to them in support of Dennis. A ski shop was the worst.

Hard to believe there are stupid people still out there......

d

Actually, the route I was on was taken over as a training route. I was moved to another route. The first driver that was "trained" on that route still has it 20 some years now. And he is black. Just like a brother to me.

The KKK guy was in a resi area that was added at times to the route. First time it was added to his, we went to management and informed them of the problem. I believe they actually went to the guy's house and had a "talk" with him. But Dennis never ever had a problem with him. Now that can not be said from others on the route. Most went out of business when the other drivers would not deliver to them in support of Dennis. A ski shop was the worst.

Hard to believe there are stupid people still out there......

d
Unfortunately sometimes that's America.