Would You Forego Raise In Exchange With Being Treated Better?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In Study after study the majority of people would say yes. the only people who disagree work for companies that treat their people well to begin with.

this may be a loaded question but I would be interested in hearing from the herd.

would you forego your next raise in exchange with being treated with courtesy and respect from your immediate supervisors?

bbsam

Staff member
I think it would end up being a false choice. They keep the money, act nice for a short period of time and then crap all over you again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it would end up being a false choice. They keep the money, act nice for a short period of time and then crap all over you again.
It's a pointless question. They would
Never treat us any better. Keep my raises coming baby. I'm not a 35 year employee who has everything paid for.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sometimes, I think they forget I work here, which is best possible scenario.
No...I'm the one on my line who gets it done. They dump everyone else's heavy routes that they can't handle on me. I have 2 trucks I load everyday....the other 2 (it was 3) change every week or two.

Brownslave688

In Study after study the majority of people would say yes. the only people who disagree work for companies that treat their people well to begin with.

this may be a loaded question but I would be interested in hearing from the herd.

would you forego your next raise in exchange with being treated with courtesy and respect from your immediate supervisors?
If so I wouldn't need to pay my union dues. I have a union to protect me from harassment and hopefully
Better my well being as long as the company is profitable.

upschuck

No...I'm the one on my line who gets it done. They dump everyone else's heavy routes that they can't handle on me. I have 2 trucks I load everyday....the other 2 (it was 3) change every week or two.
Most days, I don't see my immediate sups, and some days don't see my manager. That is fine with me, I do my job properly. Come in, do my job, leave, repeat 5 times(occasionally 6 times) per week.

Whargoul

My current management team treats me very well. However, I work in a small hub and I previously worked with all them before I became a driver and before they became driver sups. I'm also educated in basic psychology, business human relations and communication which really helps.

Brownslave688

Answers not what you expected?