Would you give up five years of your life.

Would you give up five years?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

arenc8161

There are days where I've never wanted to quit a job more in my life, and other days where I can't believe how lucky I am to have such an awesome job.
I've got 25 more years..I really shouldn't be thinking about retirement right now.

arenc8161

10% every week!! I did it right away, so I couldn't get used to the larger pay day. Once i get a decent amount saved up for a down payment on a house, I'll put in 15,%

dudebro

If you had five years until retirement. Would you be willing to fast forward five years of your life to escape working at Brown?
I talk to current retirees. Unanimously, when current employees get wistful about retirement, their advice is "Don't wish your life away".
No. Even working, you have (short) evenings, and you have weekends with your families, friends, etc. that you can't really trade for anything.

I talk to current retirees. Unanimously, when current employees get wistful about retirement, their advice is "Don't wish your life away".
No. Even working, you have (short) evenings, and you have weekends with your families, friends, etc. that you can't really trade for anything.
That's why I put the question out there. Just wanted everyones feedback

Thank you.

JL 0513

You'd throw away 520 weekend days off as well as all of your paid vacations and Holidays from your better younger years.

jaker

trolling
Well I guess I am different , I would give up 5 years to get out early

But I can retire at 55 and that means I could retire at 50 , my kids are grown and me and the wife are just living so what's five years

I could make it easily being out at 50 and enjoying the rest of my life living life to the fullest until I die

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The question is subjective, depending upon what age I was and other circumstances. At age 70, no, because by the time things were "fast forwarded" I could be dead. Age 45 or 50, it's a possibility.