Would you go to Sochi?

Would you feel safe at the Winter Olympics in Sochi?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Despite all of the security concerns I would love to bring my kids to the Winter Olympics in Sochi. To me it would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see world-class athletes compete.

upschuck

I think I would go, would love to see some of the events. I believe when it is your time to go, it is your time to go.

upschuck

I do too. But God deciding and a pissed off Muslim widow deciding are two different things.

If God allows the Muslim widow around me then boom, then I guess it was my time to go. Very liberating when you don't worry about things like that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'd go. Hell, your not safe anywhere. We've even had homegrown terrorism at our Olympics in 1996.
try to play the odds.....like not hanging in the ghetto area after dark is just smart self preservation. You can't be 100% safe at all times, but you can put the odds in your favor by avoiding dangerous places at dangerous times.

Playing the odds probably means I won't be parachuting or riding in a hot air balloon......(don't want to.)

If God allows the Muslim widow around me then boom, then I guess it was my time to go. Very liberating when you don't worry about things like that.

If one comes and gets me in the middle of BuFu Illinois I guess so. Me going to the Death to the Infidel club meetings.........probably not.