Would you pass on a vacant route if the allowance was terrible?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's on my desk--the cats remain indifferent.

You need to remember that I was military--plaques and certificates were a big thing in the military.

I am proud of both of these accomplishments.

over9five

Staff member
It's on my desk--the cats remain indifferent.

You need to remember that I was military--plaques and certificates were a big thing in the military.

I am proud of both of these accomplishments.

I'm just lazy. When they gave me mine, my first thought was "Do I really want to carry this all the way to my car?"

The trash barrel was much closer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby had a couple dozen trophies & plaques....day after retirement we trashed the boxes they were in ...plus every stitch of clothing he had that was brown....plus all tie & suits (actually gave those to a charity). Made lots more storage space for MY stuff!!

He has not worn brown clothing since 2000.....not a brown or tan golf shirt in sight!!

There is a route soon to be vacant and I am very interested in it but the allowance sucks on it...is this a valid reason to skip on it or man up and sign up on it? What would you guys do....maybe I'm making a bigger deal than it is in the larger picture of things??
Take the route if you are swinging. Time study's don't matter haveing a home does. It's a game changer

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Hubby had a couple dozen trophies & plaques....day after retirement we trashed the boxes they were in ...plus every stitch of clothing he had that was brown....plus all tie & suits (actually gave those to a charity). Made lots more storage space for MY stuff!!

He has not worn brown clothing since 2000.....not a brown or tan golf shirt in sight!!

I bet he keeps depositing the dividend check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So it would probably be best if I didn't mention to the safety people about that time in Chateaugay? Or the bicycle?

The first was in Burke. I brought it to the attention of the center manager in charge at the time, who then wanted to charge me with an accident, but with no damage to the PC, no police report and no 1-800 calls it was swept under the rug. The bicyclist was a charged accident for which I lost a year of safe driving. Safe driving years are measured in 5 year increments and once you attain one of the landmark years you cannot drop below it.

I guess when I join the Cirlce of Honor there will be an asterisk attached to that as well. First I didn't earn my pension and now I will have not earned my 25 years of safe driving.

Have a nice weekend, Jack.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's funny how the big spread in USA Today honoring Circle of Honor drivers mentions 25 years without an accident. They seem to omit the part where you could have several over your career and still get to 25.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's funny how the big spread in USA Today honoring Circle of Honor drivers mentions 25 years without an accident. They seem to omit the part where you could have several over your career and still get to 25.

We had a Circle of Honor ceremony in our center a few weeks ago. The driver in question has had at least one avoidable that I know of.

I have had two accidents--the bicyclist mentioned above (avoidable) and an unavoidable. The bicyclist happened as I was pulling away from a delivery. I thought that he had cleared the PC before I pulled out. No injuries---bent wheel---Tier 3.