would you want the ibt to take away your right to vote .

would you let the ibt take away yourt right to vote.

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • it doesn't matter

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • i don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Again....

You might want to clarify what your thread is about.

I might understand what you're alluding too....

But, not everyone else will.

Post a link to something.... anything....

And then offer some personal observations.... or opinions....

I would be more than happy to engage you in a discussion on the subject.

-Bug-

Inthegame

"Hoffa doesn’t want members interfering with his succession plans. By eliminating Teamster democracy, Hoffa would ensure that his successor would never have to face a membership vote. That’s the safe bet—because Hoffa’s popularity is on the decline."

This is a piece from the article's author (imagination). So TDU now knows what Hoffa's plans for succession are, and he's worried about his successors ability to win a rank and file election. If he's the bum TDU makes him out to be, why would he give a rats patoot about his successor? He received 59% of a three way race and TDU is claiming he's losing popularity. When did Ken P last stand for election as head of TDU and allow all Teamsters the right to vote? TDU needs to get their poop together if they want to keep their ever decreasing slice of followers. I appreciate a watchdog, but their efforts are counterproductive to say the least. Hoffa won, convincingly, now get over it and work together.

804brown

"Hoffa doesn’t want members interfering with his succession plans. By eliminating Teamster democracy, Hoffa would ensure that his successor would never have to face a membership vote. That’s the safe bet—because Hoffa’s popularity is on the decline."

This is a piece from the article's author (imagination). So TDU now knows what Hoffa's plans for succession are, and he's worried about his successors ability to win a rank and file election. If he's the bum TDU makes him out to be, why would he give a rats patoot about his successor? He received 59% of a three way race and TDU is claiming he's losing popularity. When did Ken P last stand for election as head of TDU and allow all Teamsters the right to vote? TDU needs to get their poop together if they want to keep their ever decreasing slice of followers. I appreciate a watchdog, but their efforts are counterproductive to say the least. Hoffa won, convincingly, now get over it and work together.

Well, he got 40,000 less votes than last time. With only 20 % of the membership voting and he received 60% of that,what does that give him: the support of a whopping 11% of the membership!!! I think it is because of him that we get such a low turnout. Most members must feel, he has such a big and famous name, why even bother to vote. Maybe when he is gone one day (Jan 1st would be nice) we can inject some life into this union of ours and move forward instead of spinning our wheels!!

Inthegame

Well, he got 40,000 less votes than last time. With only 20 % of the membership voting and he received 60% of that,what does that give him: the support of a whopping 11% of the membership!!! I think it is because of him that we get such a low turnout. Most members must feel, he has such a big and famous name, why even bother to vote. Maybe when he is gone one day (Jan 1st would be nice) we can inject some life into this union of ours and move forward instead of spinning our wheels!!

I share your hopes but...Sandy also got less votes than last time. The fact is Hoffa received 59% support of the people interested enough to vote. The apathy you point out is sad. Our enemies are winning and attacking because they see this weakness. Too many of our own members buy this BS and actually (selfishly) think they'd be better off union-free. UPS would devour their own workforce without the brakes the Teamsters put on them. I just see TDU's influence shrinking. Sandy Pope had courage but to not combine forces with Gegare was a fatal mistake. Gegare's finish showed TDU's weakness as TDU mistakenly thought the anti votes from past elections would solidify behind Sandy. If they would have formed an alliance, I believe more Teamsters would have voted for the reasons you point out, and then we would have had a horse race.
804, you're wise enough to understand TDU has made some absurd claims. They don't seem to let facts get in the way of their suppositions. Unless they have a factual basis for a news story, don't publish speculation. Before the election, they actually wrote Gegare got in the race after Sandy. Hoffa (and most of the Teamster world) knew Gegare was running months before Sandy spoke up. Either they're woefully incompetent or lying. Either way that's not good. They often call fire in the theatre.
Dealing with UPS is a major headache and you can't just huff and puff and blow their house down. Your leadership in 804 is trying their best and finding out how tough that is. And their mission is even more difficult with the former board (thieves) continuing to attack.

brown_trousers

Honestly, I didn't see the point in voting. no matter who gets elected, its not like we're going to see any mind-blowing changes like we all want. At best we're just putting a pretty face/name to the teamsters.

If someone would have have made a firm stance promising actual changes via promoting a strike or other equally powerful method they would have had my vote. But all that is going to happen is a lot of talk, talk talk, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate, with no astounding changes!