Wow...can't believe UPS is short handed enough to...

Rico

It took almost 5 years, but as soon as I could, I bid on a route that wasn't cover. Even then they would try to shuffle me around. More than once, when I would go to put my lunch box in the package car, there would be a cover driver in there checking the load, and telling me I was doing some other route. Nope, sorry, but there is no cover in my bid. Then the on-road would start pissing and moaning about how no one else knew the route. I'd win that battle, but the next day(s) I would have some brain damaged splits tacked on 'because the other driver is going out blind'.

I've only been doing this going on 18 peaks now. In my current center, 21 of the 22 routes I learned cold over the last year. More than a half dozen times I was harassed over production. Once I did a split route 20.5 sporh and lost to it by .50, so they went over it stop for stop. I told them I was old and slow. Once I had 2 bulk head door occurrences and 1 back first exception. That was totally unacceptable. That's the problem with a center mgr that ONLY looks at reports and doesn't GET THE BIG PICTURE. Maybe when I get 200 routes under my belt ill learn how to do this job.

scisector9

Yup we were crushed all last week. We had 2/3 of our routes go out with over 10.5 dispatches Tuesday. Tuesday after holiday was brutal. Things just thrown in the back of my truck from all the add/cuts they made. And we sent drivers home that morning. All week was over 10.5 for me....
Fun Fun Fun!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Our management team throws a little party when we're only .50 clicks over allowed. That route I did on Friday, I was over allowed 3 hours...hahaha...I tanked the center pretty good. The allowance on that route blows...

Our management team throws a little party when we're only .50 clicks over allowed. That route I did on Friday, I was over allowed 3 hours...hahaha...I tanked the center pretty good. The allowance on that route blows...

Sounds like your mgmt team is competent enough to apply the WOR to the real world.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That sounds very much like my route and a couple of others in my center; We all run 2-3 hours over EVERY day ,and because we all did teh same performance on OJS rides they just grit their teeth in the mornings. Management gets mad when I tell them once ORION is implemented we'll be 4 hours over every day