wow

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gosh, upstate, I didn't know we could do that! Thanks for the info. Not sure that I can ask hard questions to my BA as he was in a meeting once with our union rep, center manager, lower level center manager, two pt sups and the culprit.
He peed down his leg just like the rest of them and I was later advised "don't say another word".
:dissapointed:

If you don't get the support you need from your steward and/or BA go over their heads until you do get your questions answered.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our local covers the entire state of Wisconsin as far as UPSer's are concerned. The general membership meetings are held in Milwaukee but the BA's hold local meetings in the cities where UPS has locations.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
THE Questions you guys ask? Do any of you ever go to a union meeting or read your contract?I have had a of lot of nutty answers in the past, But you guys take the cake.
soo..have you read the responses ? Seems to be a general trend here,,we all work for a living and dont want to travel hours away on our off time--.... been that way forever,, my dues line there pockets and thats all that matters to them

705red

Browncafe Steward
soo..have you read the responses ? Seems to be a general trend here,,we all work for a living and dont want to travel hours away on our off time--.... been that way forever,, my dues line there pockets and thats all that matters to them

No its not, I look forward going to the monthly meetings. I see friends that I have made over my years as a UPSer and Teamster. We meet up for breakfast and carpool in to the city and after the meeting we go for lunch, a beer or just to catch up and exchnage information about management and see whats going on in different buildings. Our meeting is at 10am the thrid sunday of the month and I even bring my son on occasion because he loves spending time with me and alos visiting Billy Goats, Cheeseburger cheeseburger.

There is nothing better than seeing a hall packed with my fellow Teamsters, there is strength in numbers. There is nothing worse than seeing 150 people in the hall when you have 15,000 plus members, real sign of weakness.

You dont have to go every meeting, but please attempt to make 1 or 2 a year, especailly bylaw chnages and nomination meetings.