Write up!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sheeting a package as directed by management isn't dishonesty, it's working as you're being instructed to do so.....Personally, I find no deep moral conflict in sheeting a damaged package otherwise...

....nor did I find one when I was directed to sheet an EAM in the building to make sure that it did not show up as late when delivered....

JL 0513

they took out the Damaged option in refusal non delivery, years ago... you now have to type Dam in remarks

No, "damaged" is still an option. I've mistakenly been honest and used it.

It's amazing the for the sake of reports, there's numerous things you can no longer do, even though they are the right things to do. In my center, you can not sheet anything as "missed" under no circumstances. They refuse to have a missed pkg on a report. So if you miss a business, we have been instructed by text to sheet it as NI1 residential. Damages are not to be sheeted missed. They are sheeted "didn't want".

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No, "damaged" is still an option. I've mistakenly been honest and used it.

It's amazing the for the sake of reports, there's numerous things you can no longer do, even though they are the right things to do. In my center, you can not sheet anything as "missed" under no circumstances. They refuse to have a missed pkg on a report. So if you miss a business, we have been instructed by text to sheet it as NI1 residential. Damages are not to be sheeted missed. They are sheeted "didn't want".

One of these days, your center manager is going to have to do some serious explaining.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
they took out the Damaged option in refusal non delivery, years ago... you now have to type Dam in remarks

Ahh that's right! *DUH* Shows how long it's been since I've been out on the road.. I much prefer having an article 22 position :-) Thanks for the correction Dr Brown!

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
For some reason I though it was still under "Other" on one of those screens... Is it a "refused>Other>Damaged"? That's what comes to mind.. ehh IDK it's been too long haha

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So this isn't company wide? Oh well.

Your center manager and his management staff are trying to stay off reports and conference calls that would provide each with a new rear-ward facing orifice.

They will get bit one day.

You have much to learn, young Jedi.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Instructing an employee to falsify delivery records is a violation of the Article 37 prohibition against over-supervision, harassment and coercion.

I have refused such instructions on more than one occasion and nobody fired me.

browntroll

when i first started in the unload, i kind of "accidently" dropped a bulk piece on a hazmat package in front of my pt sup.
it was a big rug which i put to the side but not gently, i just let it drop but i had no idea a hazmat was right under it. if i didnt
get written up for that then im not sure how op gets written up for regular packages, by the way i hate all these hand to surface
audits we have now.

wayfair

swollen member
when i first started in the unload, i kind of "accidently" dropped a bulk piece on a hazmat package in front of my pt sup.
it was a big rug which i put to the side but not gently, i just let it drop but i had no idea a hazmat was right under it. if i didnt
get written up for that then im not sure how op gets written up for regular packages, by the way i hate all these hand to surface
audits we have now.

you can always get a job throwing newspapers