Written Up...

BiggieBrown

Just got written up tonight on sort.

I had a list of trucks we were supposed to wash and the ones on the list weren't in yet so I walked to the wash bay and started talking with two other part-timers about what we should do.

15 seconds later the full time driver manager comes around the corner out of no where and out of uniform and starts screaming at us about why we are standing around.

One of the other guys tries to tell him and he gets screamed at too.

When I go to clock out the PT sup pulls me aside and shows me this write up sheet and tells me that I got written up for this. This really makes me pissed off because I am constantly working up there and I even have been doing doubles the past few weeks to help them out.
Every night I'm juggling like 5 different things at once and running around constantly and I stop to figure something out work-related for 15 seconds and get written up.

The PT sup told me to not sign it but I'm still pissed that's in my record now.

The people he wrote up was completely random anyways, he wrote me and another guy who were talking, then wrote up the guy who talked back to him who wasn't even standing over there, then didn't write the new girl on probation up who was standing with us. Makes no sense.

BiggieBrown

Oh and the FT sup came up to me later and told me that I could be fired for "stealing time." and that this will be in my permanent record. Then he tried to act like my friend saying I could be a driver some day.
WTF??
It felt like some weird manipulation thing I'm not even here to be a driver.
I know one thing I'm not coming in to help that :censored2: on preload anymore.
If that's all it takes to be written up then I have to walk through the door as little as possible every time I show up it's one wrong move and I'm fired apparently.

BiggieBrown

No I don't even know who the shop steward is. I know it's one of the drivers but the drivers were gone at that point.
I didn't touch the write up my PT sup wrote RTS on it.
And I don't know the local number but we're in Oklahoma if that tells you anything.
It's just discouraging to be treated like this to work hard every day and try to do a good job and then be written up for something that clearly does not deserve this kind of response.

542thruNthru

No I don't even know who the shop steward is. I know it's one of the drivers but the drivers were gone at that point.
I didn't touch the write up my PT sup wrote RTS on it.
And I don't know the local number but we're in Oklahoma if that tells you anything.
It's just discouraging to be treated like this to work hard every day and try to do a good job and then be written up for something that clearly does not deserve this kind of response.

Find out what local you are. Ask for the phone number and if they don't have the number Google your local for it.

Ask to talk to the buisness agent (BA) for UPS. Inform him that you were written up with out a shop steward present and a PT sup signed RTS for you. Tell him you want to grieve the warning letter but don't know how.

Knothead

Yep.

I had a list of trucks we were supposed to wash and the ones on the list weren't in yet so I walked to the wash bay and started talking with two other part-timers about what we should do.

15 seconds later the full time driver manager comes around the corner out of no where and out of uniform and starts screaming at us about why we are standing around.

When I go to clock out the PT sup pulls me aside and shows me this write up sheet and tells me that I got written up for this. This really makes me :censored2: off because I am constantly working up there and I even have been doing doubles the past few weeks to help them out.
Every night I'm juggling like 5 different things at once and running around constantly and I stop to figure something out work-related for 15 seconds and get written up.

The PT sup told me to not sign it but I'm still :censored2: that's in my record now.

The people he wrote up was completely random anyways, he wrote me and another guy who were talking, then wrote up the guy who talked back to him who wasn't even standing over there, then didn't write the new girl on probation up who was standing with us. Makes no sense.
You think that's bad? Wait till you get a wife.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
In the future, find your immediate supervisor if faced with this situation again.

Talking about it with other PT carwashers isnt wrong, but it's certainly bad optics to management.

And file a harassment grievance.

And for Christ sake, find out what your local is and who your steward is. Thats bad optics to just about everyone here.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
In the future, find your immediate supervisor if faced with this situation again.

Talking about it with other PT carwashers isnt wrong, but it's certainly bad optics to management.

And file a harassment grievance.

And for Christ sake, find out what your local is and who your steward is. Thats bad optics to just about everyone here.

Hes probably not a pirate. Thats why he doesn’t know who his steward is.

IESucks

When I go to clock out the PT sup pulls me aside and shows me this write up sheet and tells me that I got written up for this. This really makes me :censored2: off because I am constantly working up there and I even have been doing doubles the past few weeks to help them out.

The PT sup told me to not sign it but I'm still :censored2: that's in my record now.

I've said it before, at some point no matter how hard you work and no matter what you do for ups, you will learn that they just don't care. It was your day

Box Ox

Tell the PT supervisor to get :censored2:ed by filing a harassment grievance. Management will always try to create a paper trail on you in case they want to try and give you the boot later. You also need to have a paper trail on them that serves as a record that they've been a problem all along.

Don't be a soft target for management. They need to know that they'll have to put in some real work if they want to try and unjustly come after you. And that it could be risky for them to do so.

ski or die

Ski or Die
If a supervisor attempts to talk to you about any kind of disciplinary action, request a union steward immediately (if you are in the union). He has to immediately stop talking about any action they are considering. If he refuses to provide a steward. Find your steward and file a grievance that supervisor failed to provide one as requested. Also, discuss with your fellow employees which steward is honest and request him or her. There are some that are in the companies pocket for their own gain and will send you down the river. Usually management will try to obtain the steward they know will help them. Also, keep notes and times of everything that was said. Management has a way of not having an honest memory at the hearings.

I have 3 write ups on me over various things, mostly cause I’m an :censored2:. Honestly, if you’re not willing to grieve him. Suck it up, it means nothing at the end of the day really.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Oh and the FT sup came up to me later and told me that I could be fired for "stealing time." and that this will be in my permanent record. Then he tried to act like my friend saying I could be a driver some day.
WTF??
It felt like some weird manipulation thing I'm not even here to be a driver.
I know one thing I'm not coming in to help that :censored2: on preload anymore.
If that's all it takes to be written up then I have to walk through the door as little as possible every time I show up it's one wrong move and I'm fired apparently.

next time go take a poop while you wait