Jbird75

I've been a PVD for 2 seasons now and most recently called back due to high volume with COVID19. My performance was well above average (120 stops in 4 hrs out of a pickup truck on average) and the GM offered me a casual driver position which as you know is also a fulltime position. I accepted under the pretense that should I not pass the class, I could revert back to PVD. During the training week, I was asked to do PVD work on my downtime from training and I agreed. I still managed to NOT remember the 5 seeing habits and as this is a mandatory requirement to recite them verbatim, I failed the class. Apparently I was silently terminated from several levels above the GM and even the part time HR mgr can only explain that now I cant work for UPS for a year as I'm deemed an unsafe driver for failing to remember and recite the 5s and 10s. I am also no longer eligible to be a PVD as they somehow hold me to the same standard of a CPCD when i had been initially hired as a PVD without these standards or requirements. I contacted a Union rep and he said I was under my 30 days so they couldnt represent me, but under section 3 part 1, a) I am transferring from a part time position to a full time position and am considered able to file a grievance. I STILL havent heard from anyone except my HR mgr whom offered me a sort/load job for half the pay I was making. I refused. Can anyone help or offer advice?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been a PVD for 2 seasons now and most recently called back due to high volume with COVID19. My performance was well above average (120 stops in 4 hrs out of a pickup truck on average) and the GM offered me a casual driver position which as you know is also a fulltime position. I accepted under the pretense that should I not pass the class, I could revert back to PVD. During the training week, I was asked to do PVD work on my downtime from training and I agreed. I still managed to NOT remember the 5 seeing habits and as this is a mandatory requirement to recite them verbatim, I failed the class. Apparently I was silently terminated from several levels above the GM and even the part time HR mgr can only explain that now I cant work for UPS for a year as I'm deemed an unsafe driver for failing to remember and recite the 5s and 10s. I am also no longer eligible to be a PVD as they somehow hold me to the same standard of a CPCD when i had been initially hired as a PVD without these standards or requirements. I contacted a Union rep and he said I was under my 30 days so they couldnt represent me, but under section 3 part 1, a) I am transferring from a part time position to a full time position and am considered able to file a grievance. I STILL havent heard from anyone except my HR mgr whom offered me a sort/load job for half the pay I was making. I refused. Can anyone help or offer advice?

Here’s some advice try FedEx ground they’d love to have you

542thruNthru

Only help I can give is move on. There is nothing you can do and yes UPS as a company are horrible to their employees.

Sorry you lost your job.

Good luck.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
My guy I wouldn’t even run a MISLOAD when I was qualifying. You kept doing PVD work during potentially the most important week of your career.. which is why you didn’t learn your 5s and 10s. Amazon is hiring.