X-Mas helper stories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdtvtechno

My first helper last year asked if we could stop at a mini- mart so he could get a soda, this was about halfway through his first day. I said sure and did some sorting while he went inside.
After about 5 minutes he hadn't come back so I went in to find him. Sure enough, he had walked right through the store and gone out the back door.

You mean back emergenercy door ?

Big Babooba

I had a helper misdeliver a package to a house that was condemned. A gas explosion moved it off of it's foundation a couple of weeks before. If he couldn't notice the boarded up windows and condemned signs, why would he notice the wrong house number?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I had a helper once that stepped on dog crap and brought it into my PC and the smell lingered on and felt like it attached to me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My first 2 years I had a helper who worked hard and was really good---but he had to stop every couple of hours to smoke a joint. I'm not kidding. He was an older guy and I was only 21 or 22 at the time so I was not comfortable bossing him around or threatening to fire him. He had been a helper for many years in a row and knew the routine; he could sheet packages accurately (we were on paper then) and walk at a brisk pace but he had to be stoned to do it and he told me on our first day together that if I didnt want him to quit on me that I would have to just keep my mouth shut about it. One Christmas eve he showed up with a hip flask full of bourbon in addition to his doobage and by around 4 o'clock he was drunk. He busted his ass, though.

Bad Gas!

I had a helper(27 years old) that I used for peak call me after peak from jail....He wanted me to bail him out for $1500..I said for what? He said he was returning merchandise (I guest no receipt expensive stuff)..They assumed it was stolen...I told him I had a family and couldn't believe he had the nerve to want my hard earned money for bail...Furthermore, I told him I would call his out of town mother.....So, I call his mother and tell her and I don't think she cared..I think I bothered her by telling her..

Bad Gas!

My helper last year was a singing Casanova...He was a player to the hilt..He went out with several women on my route..He was smooth and could sing like nobody's business. I was entertained for 4 weeks watching this guy chase women...He was actually a very good worker ( ran hard, didn't complain) I tipped him $10 a week..on Friday.

bigblu 2 you

mine was a good looking blonde who brought doughnuts and breakfast foods for the both of us.she was a very good worker too.i never seen so many dudes meet us at the truck to get their packages.soon as peak was over im carrying stuff to the door and they wont even open it?

BleedBrown

We had a helper that went into make a delivery while the driver waited for him and sorted the truck. After a few minutes the helper was not back so the driver went into the stop to check on him. When the driver went into the building the helper was standing there in handcuffs. I for got to mention that the helper was delivering to the police station and there was wanted posted on the bulletin board. Got to love it!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had a helper that went into make a delivery while the driver waited for him and sorted the truck. After a few minutes the helper was not back so the driver went into the stop to check on him. When the driver went into the building the helper was standing there in handcuffs. I for got to mention that the helper was delivering to the police station and there was wanted posted on the bulletin board. Got to love it!
That is hilarious. I bet you LYAO the rest of the day. :surprised:

over9five

Staff member
Amy:

One day my supervisor meets me on-road with this years helper. 23 years old, beautiful girl, lives on my route. My first thought is, this Peaks gonna be bad...
BOY, was I wrong. She turned out to be my best helper ever! Very athletic, smart, fun, she could keep the pace all day.
I picked her up at her house each day, and her Mom would have lunch packed... FOR BOTH OF US!!!!
Only helper I ever exchanged Christmas gifts with.
Without a doubt, my favorite Peak!

over9five

Staff member
Andy:

Just out of the Air Force, he called everyone "sir". Awesome helper, tall young guy, fast mover.
One time he got a little excited about some point he was making, and punched the windshield. Not hard, but it did break. He was an awesome helper, and I didn't want to lose him so I convinced my sup to "let it go".

over9five

Staff member
Valley Girl Joy

Frank Zappa - Valley Girl

Joy was an OK helper, not fast but did the job. One day I hand her a package, and she looks up at the house and says, "Ohhh, like they know I'm coming!!!" So I look up and sure enough there's a large banner that says "Joy".

Of course, there's also banners that say "Merry Christmas" and "Peace" and stuff.....

over9five

Staff member
What's His Name:

I had What's His Name the year they started the "drop your helper off with ten stops on a hand truck" garbage. Well, it's raining and he doesn't want to two-wheel in the rain. I don't blame him, so I cancel that plan and decide to use him as a runner off the pc. Well, guess what? He doesn't want to go in the rain at all.
Good, I take him back to his car. "You're all done. If you won't work, we don't need you" I tell him and leave.

He calls UPS, and they REWARD him by having him help a mall guy. That p/o'd me big time!

rod

Retired 22 years
What's His Name:

I had What's His Name the year they started the "drop your helper off with ten stops on a hand truck" garbage. Well, it's raining and he doesn't want to two-wheel in the rain. I don't blame him, so I cancel that plan and decide to use him as a runner off the pc. Well, guess what? He doesn't want to go in the rain at all.
Good, I take him back to his car. "You're all done. If you won't work, we don't need you" I tell him and leave.

He calls UPS, and they REWARD him by having him help a mall guy. That p/o'd me big time!

This reminds me of one of our centers helpers. On top of it being peak one year we also had to deal with the temperature being below zero for days on end. After failing to report for work for a couple of days our center manager finally got ahold of the guy and all he could say was "Man, you don't really work when its this cold do you?" :dissapointed:

over9five

Staff member
Joe:

It was Christmas Eve. All the helpers had been let go yesterday, and today was heavy. I didn't mind, I had no plans and I would probably be done by 7 anyhow.

But I start getting messages...

Center: "Joes done, we're sending him to help you"

Me: "Don't bother, I'll be done by 7"

Center: "Where can you meet Joe now?'

Me: "Tell Joe Merry Christmas, go home"

Center: "YOU WILL WORK AS DIRECTED. MEET JOE AT 880 MAIN NOW"

Me: <sigh> "OK"

So I head down to 880 Main. Joe's already there and has parked his 24 footer across the street in a lot between a playground and a church.

Joe hops on my pc, and we bang out 50 stops in about an hour. We head back to get his truck.

Church parking lot? Christmas Eve? Should that combination have set off some warning bells?

There are now 300 cars blocking Joes 24 footer in the parking lot. Can you say "Christmas Eve Mass"?

"See ya Joe. Thanks for the help!"

Status
Not open for further replies.