XL Oil Pipeline

Babagounj

Strength through joy
State Department approved and advocated for the nearly identical Canadian-American pipeline in 2009, arguing:
… the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer.
Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply. Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

klein

Für Meno :)
That's a different pipeline (Alberta Clipper pipeline went like an Alberta Clipper does) - to the midwest.
I'm almost sure it's already been built.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pipelines already in the US

pipelines_map_legent.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Thursday, January 19, 2012[/h][h=3]Hollywood elitist phony alert: Redford praises Obama in Huffington Post for stopping Keystone XL[/h]

Just in case you think I've been exaggerating my claim that Hollywood environmentalists pushed President Obama into denying a permit for the job-creating Keystone XL pipeline, Robert Redford comes to his defense in Huffington Post. Redford can afford to pay $5 for a gallon of gasoline. He can afford $500 a gallon.

Oh, that oil was going to come from Canada.

Speaking of Canada, Redford's next film is The Company You Keep. He plays--I'm not making this up--a former Weather Underground terrorist who is hiding in upstate New York. Redford also directs.

Where was this movie filmed?

Vancouver, Canada--presumably because the labor costs are less.

British Columbia of course looks just like New York state, right?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hollywood elitist phony alert: Redford praises Obama in Huffington Post for stopping Keystone XL

Just in case you think I've been exaggerating my claim that Hollywood environmentalists pushed President Obama into denying a permit for the job-creating Keystone XL pipeline, Robert Redford comes to his defense in Huffington Post. Redford can afford to pay $5 for a gallon of gasoline. He can afford $500 a gallon.

Oh, that oil was going to come from Canada.

Speaking of Canada, Redford's next film is The Company You Keep. He plays--I'm not making this up--a former Weather Underground terrorist who is hiding in upstate New York. Redford also directs.

Where was this movie filmed?

Vancouver, Canada--presumably because the labor costs are less.

British Columbia of course looks just like New York state, right?

PSST, just a few short posts ago in another thread you stated you would be glad to PAY $5.00 a gallon for another war.

Sheesh....

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why dont you start by telling us all how many private citizens, schools and businesses will have to lose their properties so this pipeline can criss cross down from the canadian border to the gulf coast?

Lets see how informed you are. Showing a map of a projected pathway doesnt reflect the numerous homes, schools and businesses that will be forced to leave.

How about sharing this information with the rest of us and the world?

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why dont you start by telling us all how many private citizens, schools and businesses will have to lose their properties so this pipeline can criss cross down from the canadian border to the gulf coast?

Lets see how informed you are. Showing a map of a projected pathway doesnt reflect the numerous homes, schools and businesses that will be forced to leave.

Peace.
Perhaps you didn't notice the pipeline map I posted.....like spiderwebs all over this country. There is hardly an area that isn't touched. Maybe you should pay attention more.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Perhaps you didn't notice the pipeline map I posted.....like spiderwebs all over this country. There is hardly an area that isn't touched. Maybe you should pay attention more.

I do pay attention moreluck, and I dont believe people, private citizens should be forced to leave homes or business for corrupt oil people. The constitution says personal property is a right and protected, and I dont believe there is a clause that says UNLESS OIL PEOPLE WANT YOUR LAND.

Dont oversimplify the issue. There is alot more at stake than some environmental reports. You just dont care because it doesnt affect you personally, but Id bet you be singing a different tune if you had to leave your home at a price below what you paid for your home.

Its easy to say throw others out of their homes..... But in reality, its not fair.

Peace.

Peace.
Since you know everything about everything why don't YOU start by telling us just what schools and businesses and citizens are going to loose their properties? I want specifics not general BS.
You're spouting the same half lies and speculations in this thread as you were in the other one. Come clean TOS, show us the plan that takes property away? Your posts read like the fear mongering you claim to hate so much.

wkmac

Since you know everything about everything why don't YOU start by telling us just what schools and businesses and citizens are going to loose their properties? I want specifics not general BS.
You're spouting the same half lies and speculations in this thread as you were in the other one. Come clean TOS, show us the plan that takes property away? Your posts read like the fear mongering you claim to hate so much.

You might consider this as a starting point in regards to that question.

sorry WK, that was uncalled for.
My point was that TOS is spouting off crap in the attempt to scare people of the threat of masses losing their property. The pipeline doesn't want the surface land, just an easement under the land in most situations.
I've been on record as being against imminent domain for the confiscation of property. As I said before, I know of many farms and ranches that have pipelines running through them and the owners still own and word the land. They are still allowed to sell the property if they see fit, will it to their kids grow crops and raise stock. The only restrictions that I know of are deep digging or building where the line runs. TOS is trying to make it sound as if everyone living in proximity of a pipe line route will end up living penniless in a tent miles from where their home is now. I know some ranchers that receive monthly checks for the pipelines that run under their land.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am also not a huge fan of imminent domain but am in favor when it is for the public good. As Trp said, this pipeline will be underground so ID is not an issue--the pipeline companies would be seeking easements, which are not uncommon in regard to public utility companies. There is an easement behind our condo complex for the local power companies as they have a pole back there. The easement does not affect our use of the property but does allow them access as needed without asking permission first.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm betting the pipeline gets final presidential approval. He's just not going to have the House Republicans tell him when he's going to approve it. Petty? Yep. American politics.