Xmas tips

Michael Scott

How did everyone do with tips this year? I personally got not one penny. Not one box of chocolates, literally nothing. First peak ever I can say that. Last year I got a $10 gift card from one business and that was all.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How did everyone do with tips this year? I personally got not one penny. Not one box of chocolates, literally nothing. First peak ever I can say that. Last year I got a $10 gift card from one business and that was all.

Best year yet. I had one regular who didn't give me anything this year, but his business has been a little up and down lately. Lots of new tippers this year. Dispatch finally stopped stealing all my good neighborhoods to give to seasonals.

vvv

It has to be one of three things......

1) you have an industrial route with large companies that for the most part habitually never tip
2) you are a swing driver and not in contact with same people daily
3) you have your own route but customers just flat out don't like you

And the answer is........ _ _ _ _?? (fill in the blank)

ManInBrown

I had a bunch of businesses on my route when I was in package, never really got much. I’m not really personable so I guess that’s a minus when it comes to tips. In feeders this year a CPU gave me a $200 Amex gift card. The owner thanked me for never rushing them and giving them as much time as they needed every day. I don’t know why any feeder driver would ever rush a live pickup. We are here to service the customer, paid by the hour. Take care of the customer. Most I got in package every year was a few small checks and one house stop would give me a really expensive bottle of red wine.

GenericUsername

Just shy of $4,700 this year before Christmas without working Christmas Eve. I should hit somewhere around $6k by next Friday if the past 2 year trend continues.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Thats quite possible i dont really say much. Shouldnt make a difference for residential stops though i wouldnt think.
Me either, but for some reason the bitter late 30s desperate female bank tellers and CPA secretaries who are going through nasty divorces with their crackhead SOs love to bake me cookies and give me cash.

Guess they think my stable $90k a year and great benefits would be perfect for them and their children of questionable parentage. I don't wear my ring on the job so that probably doesn't help.

I tell my wife I have options. So-and-so at the bank likes me and thinks I'm a much more stable option than Quantavious Jones that she's currently in a custody battle with.

She didn't think that was funny.....