watdaflock?

....you find a PAL label stuck to the back of your sweatshirt after arriving home.

One week left.

Lets hear some other examples.

watdaflock?

I don't think I've showered since Monday or Tuesday (can't remember) and since we are working tomorrow, I'll shower in the afternoon. Just don't get too close to me at Fairfield Commons, when I go Xmas shopping right after work...

ok, I lied. I'll shower this PM. Right now it's beer O'clock.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Your coworkers would appreciate you showering every day.

Hope this helps.
I can guarantee with where I work (practically outside) nobody can smell me. (it was satire, Francis)

Those old CC centers with the lousy extensions......? Ya, go eff' yourself UPS. The heaters above your head don't go jack squat when it's in the teens outside.

ffs.

**Leads me to a question - These small hubs who throw together make-shift loading areas outside, are you able to grieve the cold conditions? Standing outside for six hours when it's in the teens is pretty lousy.

Just curious.

watdaflock?

I know it's peak when my paycheck is far larger than I'd like it to be.
As in payroll screwed up?
Interesting...I wondered if my OT was correct.

If they screwed up and when they ask for it back, stretch the payments out as long as possible.
Thanks for the interest free loan during the holiday, UPS! It'll be 52 weeks, please.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I can guarantee with where I work (practically outside) nobody can smell me. (it was satire, Francis)

Those old CC centers with the lousy extensions......? Ya, go eff' yourself UPS. The heaters above your head don't go jack squat when it's in the teens outside.

ffs.

**Leads me to a question - These small hubs who throw together make-shift loading areas outside, are you able to grieve the cold conditions? Standing outside for six hours when it's in the teens is pretty lousy.

Just curious.
Yes you can grieve it. Maybe 15 years ago, I worked in a building that had the old anemic cat/doghouse heating systems but the temperatures were below 30 and even in some cases well below, so filed and UPS had to also provide portable propane ones (maybe not specifically, but that was the outcome)

rod

Retired 22 years

ffs.

Just curious.

Years ago in an old UPS center that had no heat in the work area or the changing room our senior driver grieved the conditions that we had to change clothes in. Back then you weren't allowed to wear the UPS pants home so you had to change clothes morning and evening. The center manager put a small electric heater real close to a thermometer he had place in front of it as a joke I guess because all it did was heat the thermometer up to max.!20 degrees. The driver then took a picture of the thermometer and turned in a grievance that the room was too hot. We eventually got a decent oil fired heater.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No wining.
1625593_674199189284895_1724508303_n.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
The driver was an idiot for attempting to make it through that nonsense, instead of walking it off.

If that's the case there were many winter days we shouldn't have worked at all. I can only recall 2 days out of 30 years where work was called off because of snow and that was ONLY because our feeders couldn't make it to the center. If the packages got to us we were dispatched. I once had 4 or 5 stops around a large lake and drove by everyone of them because I knew I would be stuck the second I stopped. Brought them all back. Nothing was said.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If that's the case there were many winter days we shouldn't have worked at all. I can only recall 2 days out of 30 years where work was called off because of snow and that was ONLY because our feeders couldn't make it to the center. If the packages got to us we were dispatched. I once had 4 or 5 stops around a large lake and drove by everyone of them because I knew I would be stuck the second I stopped. Brought them all back. Nothing was said.
He works inside and has no idea what he’s talking about.