Yankee baseball

siouxman

siouxman
I would like to take my 82 year old father to yankee baseball game in June 2017 vs Boston, can anyone recommend a place to stay?Hotel etc close to park and what section to sit in at stadium. We would fly into NewYork and see 2 or thee games and take some of the sights in

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would like to take my 82 year old father to yankee baseball game in June 2017 vs Boston, can anyone recommend a place to stay?Hotel etc close to park and what section to sit in at stadium. We would fly into NewYork and see 2 or thee games and take some of the sights in

If for some reason he can't go call me

KOG72

I’m full of it
Sounds fun go Red Sox of course

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The new stadium is beautiful. You and your father will have a wonderful time. There is not a bad seat in the house.

You don't want to stay in the city.

Get a room in NJ and ride the train back and forth.

siouxman

siouxman
The new stadium is beautiful. You and your father will have a wonderful time. There is not a bad seat in the house.

You don't want to stay in the city.

Get a room in NJ and ride the train back and forth.
Any hotel recommendations in NJ? How long does it take to ride train to the game, my father is still mobile but tires out quick.Some of my friends who are not New York natives say to stay in Manhattan

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Any hotel recommendations in NJ? How long does it take to ride train to the game, my father is still mobile but tires out quick.Some of my friends who are not New York natives say to stay in Manhattan

Splurge a bit stay in the city
Who the hell wants to stay an hour away in New Jersey

allergictotape

I doubt the places in jersey that you would consider staying are going to be that less expensive than in the city someplace. expect to pay 200-250 a night at a decent place, but not luxury. taking the subway is easy on and off at the stadium especially since I think that those games are weeknights.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I doubt the places in jersey that you would consider staying are going to be that less expensive than in the city someplace. expect to pay 200-250 a night at a decent place, but not luxury. taking the subway is easy on and off at the stadium especially since I think that those games are weeknights.

There is a substantial price difference.

DownSouthUPS

I went to Yankee stadium a few months back!! My wife's cousin got called up to the majors so we flew up the next weekend to watch him pitch!! Yankee stadium is a beautiful stadium!! And it was my first time in the big city!! Loved the city and we will be going back next season!!

P

pickup

Hotels in Manhattan are $200/night and up.

The train ride from Jersey is less than one hour each way.

Dave, as far as I know , there is no train from NJ to Yankee Stadium. If these guys were in Secaucus, or Edison or Newark, the train would take them into Penn Station 34th street and 8th avenue in Manhattan. From there they would still have a bit of distance and time to make it via subway to the Bronx.

Hoboken or Jersey City, path train to 33rd and 6th ave. same issue as with Penn station. Plus remember they want to take in some sights of the city. Being out in Jersey ain't gonna really help with that.

If sight seeing in the city weren't on the agenda I would just advise them to stick themselves in some hotel north of the city and ride the metronorth in and out of the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator: