Year round "temps"?

quad decade guy

I was told this week the goal is to remove every rail load and put them on the road(sleepers). Could peak like conditions force rental fleets year round? I'm curious about contract language on this. Pkg. especially. Employing the seasonal remote mobile belts and such. We have the means to handle overflow(like peak). Why isn't this being implemented? They have resumed feeder training here and have alluded to adding at least 30 sleeper runs.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see my old center has more of those "UPS dock additions on wheels" stuck on their building now than they did at Christmas. Sucks to be them.

PT Car Washer

I see my old center has more of those "UPS dock additions on wheels" stuck on their building now than they did at Christmas. Sucks to be them.
We call them "doghouses". Right now we are using the same number as we use during Peak. Crazy I know. Plus I don't know how many PVD routes are being used.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was told this week the goal is to remove every rail load and put them on the road(sleepers). Could peak like conditions force rental fleets year round? I'm curious about contract language on this. Pkg. especially. Employing the seasonal remote mobile belts and such. We have the means to handle overflow(like peak). Why isn't this being implemented? They have resumed feeder training here and have alluded to adding at least 30 sleeper runs.
Between summer seasonal and peak there’s only like 4 months out of the year they aren’t allowed seasonals.