Yet Another 22.4 Question

SLW

I've been working as a Reg-Temp, but was offered a full-time 22.4 driver job now that the season's over, which I obviously took. My understanding is these positions pay less. However, my understanding is also that Reg-Temps come in at a different, higher rate of pay when becoming full-time. My question is, will my pay remain the same, drop to the starting 22.4 pay (whatever that is), or some different third thing?

Naturally, I'll know how it plays out very soon and will update, just wanted to have some idea first and make sure I'm getting paid correctly from the get-go.

Thanks!

I've been working as a Reg-Temp, but was offered a full-time 22.4 driver job now that the season's over, which I obviously took. My understanding is these positions pay less. However, my understanding is also that Reg-Temps come in at a different, higher rate of pay when becoming full-time. My question is, will my pay remain the same, drop to the starting 22.4 pay (whatever that is), or some different third thing?

Naturally, I'll know how it plays out very soon and will update, just wanted to have some idea first and make sure I'm getting paid correctly from the get-go.

Thanks!
Everyone has to go through progression even when you are a Reg temp driver and go full time.

542thruNthru

Thanks!

What supplemental contract are you under would greatly help your chances of getting the correct answer.

ThePackageDeli

answer3.jpg

Last edited:

SLW

All the other drivers in my center I spoke to who went Reg-Temp to RPCD supposedly maintained their Reg-Temp pay rate. Of course, they all started under a different contract and are RPCD, not 22.4.

Reading Section 41.4 in the Master now, but not making much sense of it. I don't have a copy of the Atlantic supplement at the moment.

"Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth below who bid into a full-time 22.4(b) job covered by this Section shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases."
vs
"Any part-time employee performing package car cover-type work in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum who bids into a 22.4 driver job will be treated the same as if he entered into a regular package car driver job under Article 41, Section 2 (c) for progression credit and red circle purposes"
seem contradictory to me, but I'm dumb as hell

542thruNthru

All the other drivers in my center I spoke to who went Reg-Temp to RPCD supposedly maintained their Reg-Temp pay rate. Of course, they all started under a different contract and are RPCD, not 22.4.

Reading Section 41.4 in the Master now, but not making much sense of it. I don't have a copy of the Atlantic supplement at the moment.

"Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth below who bid into a full-time 22.4(b) job covered by this Section shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases."
vs
"Any part-time employee performing package car cover-type work in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum who bids into a 22.4 driver job will be treated the same as if he entered into a regular package car driver job under Article 41, Section 2 (c) for progression credit and red circle purposes"

Download the Atlantic here
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

542thruNthru

vs

How long have you been a reg temp?
This language says your progression will carry over.
Screenshot_20200117-171929_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SLW

So I'd be getting paid ~25% less an hour than I am now for the same work, and not making up the difference until four years from now, what a great deal, lol