Yet Another 22.4 Question

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I read it as PT rate being his Reg-Temp rate. Which is 75% of top scale. Being as Reg-Temps are like our cover drivers and are considered PT.

I'll have to read through it more closely. I was thinking he was working inside and driving when needed. If he's making 75% of top scale, and keeps that when going 22.4, that would be great. Either way, if he doesn't take the 22.4 job, he won't be driving until June, so either part time inside, or laid off I guess?

Additionally, I did not want to work preload hours, and I'm guessing it puts me in a better spot re other bids. However, $20.50 isn't a lot for this kind of work, especially in my area where the living wage for a single person is ~$18. I believe USPS guys in my area start higher than this.

I started progression at $18.50, didn't see over twenty in my first two years. You put in your time and you make the money. USPS will be bankrupt in not too long if they don't make some major changes.

542thruNthru

I'll have to read through it more closely. I was thinking he was working inside and driving when needed. If he's making 75% of top scale, and keeps that when going 22.4, that would be great. Either way, if he doesn't take the 22.4 job, he won't be driving until June, so either part time inside, or laid off I guess?

I started progression at $18.50, didn't see over twenty in my first two years. You put in your time and you make the money. USPS will be bankrupt in not too long if they don't make some major changes.

I agree he should take the 22.4 position. Also I think Atlantic sup bids RPCD jobs to FTers first. So if he wants to be a RPCD he definitely should take it.

Emmit23

I've been working as a Reg-Temp, but was offered a full-time 22.4 driver job now that the season's over, which I obviously took. My understanding is these positions pay less. However, my understanding is also that Reg-Temps come in at a different, higher rate of pay when becoming full-time. My question is, will my pay remain the same, drop to the starting 22.4 pay (whatever that is), or some different third thing?

Naturally, I'll know how it plays out very soon and will update, just wanted to have some idea first and make sure I'm getting paid correctly from the get-go.

Thanks!

Emmit23

I've been working as a Reg-Temp, but was offered a full-time 22.4 driver job now that the season's over, which I obviously took. My understanding is these positions pay less. However, my understanding is also that Reg-Temps come in at a different, higher rate of pay when becoming full-time. My question is, will my pay remain the same, drop to the starting 22.4 pay (whatever that is), or some different third thing?

Naturally, I'll know how it plays out very soon and will update, just wanted to have some idea first and make sure I'm getting paid correctly from the get-go.

Thanks!
Why would you take job without knowing all the pay details?

Blazian81

Thanks!
your pay should remain the same , then you'll be red circled till your progression catch up with what ever classification your in.