You and Peak

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This thread is about how your route changes during peak. I know some routes have their post office stop pulled off, some have their pickups moved to someone else, some have their areas shrink down considerably....how does your route change for peak?

I haven't been on my current bid route for a peak yet so I can't say for mine for sure. Last peak when I was a cover guy they created a peak route for me of 96% residential stuff for 3 months, a lot of which was out in the woods. I had a helper running for me 10-14 hours a day.

Now that I'm in the city I'm guessing they are just going to have me drop a helper off at a skyscraper with a pile of stuff and a handtruck while I go do another building.

Pooter

Wish I had my own route during peak.

I get stuck in a random split route with garbage stops.

.....just part of climbing the :censored2:ty ladder, I tell myself. :D

Indecisi0n

I love when driver complain about "the helper slowing me down." Stating they would rather work by themselves. Fools it's not about speed it's about being able to sit back and let the kid run stuff off. Enjoy the break.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I love when driver complain about "the helper slowing me down." Stating they would rather work by themselves. Fools it's not about speed it's about being able to sit back and let the kid run stuff off. Enjoy the break.
Yeah but some of these xmas helpers are useless...they manage to get lost between the PC and the front door..lol

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Yeah but of these xmas helpers are useless...they manage to get lost between the PC and the front door..lol
I've had that happen. Lol
Or you send him to a house on the even side of the street but you don't notice until you come out of the rear of the truck he is returning from the wrong side of the street.

Yeah but of these xmas helpers are useless...they manage to get lost between the PC and the front door..lol
A couple of years ago,my buddies helper got lost. two of us spent,almost an hour searching for him.

That saved us alot of time! my sup thought we was playing a prank on him!

The helper was a real winner!..lmao

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just like the new unloaders. that hop In their car ,on break. only to never be seen again!
Exactly. When I started...I didn't make much more an hour than Xmas helpers (and we got less hours). There wasn't a day that went by my first few months that I didn't wanna quit and walk out. Coming up on 10 peaks later...still here...lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wish I had my own route during peak.

I get stuck in a random split route with garbage stops.

.....just part of climbing the :censored2:ty ladder, I tell myself. :D
Yeah, last peak they created a route for me where two other routes met and my area was basically half in one guy's area and half in the other guy's area. Very rural.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah, last peak they created a route for me where two other routes met and my area was basically half in one guy's area and half in the other guy's area. Very rural.
3060177.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Exactly! It was hard when I got my first helper. I had a rough time letting go of some of the responsibility of making sure everything happened right and to my standards.

Eventually I was able to let the helper head up driveways without me watching through the window to make sure they were going to the right house and leaving stuff in the right place, however I never was able to give up the control of letting the helper use the helper board except for a handful of signature required packages.

Sometimes stops completed in the helper board didn't come out of my board and in one case there was a signature obtained in the helper board that not only never came out of my board, but it never showed in the system as completed. Because it was an iphone I had them pull up the tracking number the next day and sure enough it never showed being delivered. I went back the next day, had them pull the box out of the recycling bin and sheeted it again.

I went through 4 or 5 helpers last peak. Some were lazy. Some were out of shape. I had two really good ones. One of which quit because he got another job; One quit Christmas Eve day. One guy thought he was captain of the boat and was going to tell me how it was going to be. I blew a u-turn and drove him back to his car and ran the rest of the night with no helper. Another guy got moody every time it rained, slowed down after lunch, etc.